- Table View
- List View
EARLY CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCE IN THE LANGUAGE ARTS: EARLY LITERACY, Ninth Edition is a tried and true reference aiming to help produce teachers who matter, teachers who are prepared, and teachers who are knowledgeable companions in exploring and sharing literature and language experiences with young children. To achieve this, the book encourages reflective thinking, allows practice of skills, and inspires the collection of ideas for future use. Many new features in the ninth edition will equip readers with valuable information they can take directly into practice. The book includes the most current national legislative efforts, as well as attention to public concern and interest in young children's language and foundational literacy skills. It also thoroughly addresses the interrelation of listening, speaking, reading, writing, and viewing language arts areas. While taking a high-level view that paints a comprehensive picture of the most important aspects of teaching early literacy, the book also takes a practical approach. Readers will learn specific activities that include stories, poems, finger plays, and puppetry that they can use in a classroom setting. They also will learn curriculum for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, with the theory followed up by deliberate how-to suggestions. Cultural diversity is addressed, as well as program planning ideas for English language learners and special-needs children.
Early Childhood Experiences in Language Arts: Emerging Literacy is a must-have resource on language arts instruction for young children. Combining current research and appropriate early childhood practices, it fosters an understanding of how techniques and planned programs affect children's language development. Rich in examples and activities, no teacher, child care provider, or parent should be without this invaluable resource.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.