Dating Neurological Injury: A Forensic Guide for Radiologists, Other Expert Medical Witnesses, and Attorneys presents a unique way to approach the dating of neurological injury as imaged by modern computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance (MR) and ultrasound (US). Chapters are presented in a logical progression beginning with the general appearance of normal brain and progressing to the way abnormalities manifest themselves. The emphasis in these discussions is on the appearance of edema and of hemorrhage, as these two findings are the brain's most common response to injury. This volume presents in a systematic fashion the principles involved in the interpretation of images of the central nervous system specifically in a medical-legal setting where concern exists about the occurrence and timing of an injury. Dating Neurological Injury: A Forensic Guide for Radiologists, Other Expert Medical Witnesses, and Attorneys is a welcome addition to institutional, medical, and legal libraries, and to the personal libraries of malpractice defense and plaintiff lawyers and physicians in the neurosciences (neurosurgery, neurology, neuropathology, and neuroradiology) involved in medical-legal issues.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.