- Table View
- List View
From the book: His father's ancestors invented the Gatling gun. There were poets on his mother's side. Out of this marriage of machine guns and poetry came Larry Gatlin, a hard-driving, risk taking perfectionist with an appetite for destruction and a gift for writing songs that touched the heart of America. As lead singer for The Gatlin Brothers, he rode on a wave of success that included chart, Ding singles, sold out concerts, and music awards. "I was a hero," he says, "because hardworking, God-fearing, honest-to-goodness, dyed-in-the-wool country music fans said I was, and I loved it. My problem was, I loved it too much." With his phenomenal success came controversy. He was brash and outspoken, dogged by the press and continually at odds with the music industry. He would disappear for days, bingeing on cocaine and alcohol. In the mid-1980's, the reckless lifestyle finally caught up with him. "I went from hero to zero in a matter of minutes, it seems," he recalls.
Meet the real Lorenzo Lamas.Lorenzo Lamas has played many roles over the course of his roller coaster career. Star of two major television shows, five-time husband, and reality show star, Lamas has been tabloid fodder for decades. Fans can easily believe they have seen every side of Lamas. But the truth is far more interesting-and surprising.Son of film stars Fernando Lamas and Arlene Dahl, and stepson of swimmer and actress Esther Williams, Lorenzo was born into Hollywood royalty. But his path was not easy. Overweight and aimless as a child, he found it hard to live up to the expectations of his famous father, whose exploits made him the inspiration for the "most interesting man in the world."But Lorenzo surprised everyone, shaping up and ultimately winning countless black belts in tae kwon do and karate. Despite his father's early discouragement, he pursued acting, starring in Falcon Crest and Renegade. In Renegade at Heart, the Emmy- and Golden Globe-nominated actor pulls back the curtain to share his startling and explosive story-the money and notoriety, the fights and falling outs, his years of battling abandonment and attachment issues after his parents' divorce, his epic romances and tabloid-making marriages to his four ex-wives. He delves deep into his relationships with his six children and with his famous father, whose penetrating words of wisdom have guided him through turbulent times and to a sense of renewal and new beginnings.Featuring 50 rare, never-before-shared family and personal photographs from his private collection, Renegade at Heart is everything Lamas's millions of fans have been waiting for-the unvarnished truth and his side of his remarkable journey and fully fleshed rumination of the highs and lows of an extraordinary life and survival of an extraordinary man and actor.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.