Emily Webb thought life would go back to normal after she and pack-mate Spencer Holt killed the man who tried to murder them and their fellow "Deviants." Or as normal as it could be, after finding out she has nighttime superpowers . . . and she's a werewolf. But when Emily wakes up one night to find an otherworldly shadowman watching her, she knows the danger has only just begun. Determined to find answers, Emily and Spencer, along with the third member of their pack-football player Dalton McKinney-set out to find the people who made them what they are, and why. And as Emily and her friends get closer to the truth, they realize they aren't the only ones in town with special powers: The most popular girls in school just might have a secret of their own-and they just might have it out for Emily. But other kinds of Deviants will be the least of the pack's problems if they can't get their own powers under control. With each nighttime shift, Dalton's behavior grows more erratic, and Emily's transformations begin to evolve in mysterious ways. With shadowy beings stalking the Deviants at every turn, a mysterious company doing all it can to keep the truth hidden, and the secrecy of her strange new identity in jeopardy, life threatens to spiral out of control for Emily. And soon all these dangers will come together in one terrifying confrontation that may force her to make the toughest choice of her life.
The war against BioZenith is on. In the weeks since she first came into her mysterious new superpowers, Emily has watched one of her packmates disappear through an interdimensional portal; she's been hunted by creepy, body-snatching shadowmen; she's managed to form an alliance with the same telekinetic cheerleaders who once tried to take her down; and she's even discovered that her believed-to-be-dead mother is one of the BioZenith scientists responsible for her strange abilities. Now it's up to the Deviants to put together the last pieces of the puzzle, which includes tracking down their final missing member and forcing their parents to reveal why they mutated their own children. Emily fears the answer is far more sinister than anyone ever thought: After all, why would a parent risk a child's life unless the stakes were high--scary, world-ending high? Tired of being at the mercy of adult conspiracies, Emily forms a plan with the other Deviants: Destroy BioZenith before anyone can use the knowledge within the facility to aid the shadowmen. But that's only if BioZenith--or something worse--doesn't capture them first. . . .
Emily Webb is a geek. And she's happy that way. Content hiding under hoodies and curling up to watch old horror flicks, she's never been the kind of girl who sneaks out for midnight parties. And she's definitely not the kind of girl who starts fights or flirts with other girls' boyfriends. Until one night Emily finds herself doing exactly that . . . the same night one of her classmates-also named Emily-is found mysteriously murdered. The thing is, Emily doesn't know why she's doing any of this. By day, she's the same old boring Emily, but by night, she turns into a thrill seeker. With every nightfall, Emily gets wilder until it's no longer just her personality that changes. Her body can do things it never could before: Emily is now strong, fast, and utterly fearless. And soon Emily realizes that she's not just coming out of her shell . . . there's something much bigger going on. Is she bewitched by the soul of the other, murdered Emily? Or is Emily Webb becoming something else entirely- something not human? As Emily hunts for answers, she finds out that she's not the only one this is happening to-some of her classmates are changing as well. Who is turning these teens into monsters-and how many people will they kill to get what they want?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.