- Table View
- List View
Dating Neurological Injury: A Forensic Guide for Radiologists, Other Expert Medical Witnesses, and Attorneys presents a unique way to approach the dating of neurological injury as imaged by modern computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance (MR) and ultrasound (US). Chapters are presented in a logical progression beginning with the general appearance of normal brain and progressing to the way abnormalities manifest themselves. The emphasis in these discussions is on the appearance of edema and of hemorrhage, as these two findings are the brain's most common response to injury. This volume presents in a systematic fashion the principles involved in the interpretation of images of the central nervous system specifically in a medical-legal setting where concern exists about the occurrence and timing of an injury. Dating Neurological Injury: A Forensic Guide for Radiologists, Other Expert Medical Witnesses, and Attorneys is a welcome addition to institutional, medical, and legal libraries, and to the personal libraries of malpractice defense and plaintiff lawyers and physicians in the neurosciences (neurosurgery, neurology, neuropathology, and neuroradiology) involved in medical-legal issues.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.