- Table View
- List View
Emily Webb thought life would go back to normal after she and pack-mate Spencer Holt killed the man who tried to murder them and their fellow "Deviants." Or as normal as it could be, after finding out she has nighttime superpowers . . . and she's a werewolf. But when Emily wakes up one night to find an otherworldly shadowman watching her, she knows the danger has only just begun. Determined to find answers, Emily and Spencer, along with the third member of their pack-football player Dalton McKinney-set out to find the people who made them what they are, and why. And as Emily and her friends get closer to the truth, they realize they aren't the only ones in town with special powers: The most popular girls in school just might have a secret of their own-and they just might have it out for Emily. But other kinds of Deviants will be the least of the pack's problems if they can't get their own powers under control. With each nighttime shift, Dalton's behavior grows more erratic, and Emily's transformations begin to evolve in mysterious ways. With shadowy beings stalking the Deviants at every turn, a mysterious company doing all it can to keep the truth hidden, and the secrecy of her strange new identity in jeopardy, life threatens to spiral out of control for Emily. And soon all these dangers will come together in one terrifying confrontation that may force her to make the toughest choice of her life.
The war against BioZenith is on. In the weeks since she first came into her mysterious new superpowers, Emily has watched one of her packmates disappear through an interdimensional portal; she's been hunted by creepy, body-snatching shadowmen; she's managed to form an alliance with the same telekinetic cheerleaders who once tried to take her down; and she's even discovered that her believed-to-be-dead mother is one of the BioZenith scientists responsible for her strange abilities. Now it's up to the Deviants to put together the last pieces of the puzzle, which includes tracking down their final missing member and forcing their parents to reveal why they mutated their own children. Emily fears the answer is far more sinister than anyone ever thought: After all, why would a parent risk a child's life unless the stakes were high--scary, world-ending high? Tired of being at the mercy of adult conspiracies, Emily forms a plan with the other Deviants: Destroy BioZenith before anyone can use the knowledge within the facility to aid the shadowmen. But that's only if BioZenith--or something worse--doesn't capture them first. . . .
Emily Webb is a geek. And she's happy that way. Content hiding under hoodies and curling up to watch old horror flicks, she's never been the kind of girl who sneaks out for midnight parties. And she's definitely not the kind of girl who starts fights or flirts with other girls' boyfriends. Until one night Emily finds herself doing exactly that . . . the same night one of her classmates-also named Emily-is found mysteriously murdered. The thing is, Emily doesn't know why she's doing any of this. By day, she's the same old boring Emily, but by night, she turns into a thrill seeker. With every nightfall, Emily gets wilder until it's no longer just her personality that changes. Her body can do things it never could before: Emily is now strong, fast, and utterly fearless. And soon Emily realizes that she's not just coming out of her shell . . . there's something much bigger going on. Is she bewitched by the soul of the other, murdered Emily? Or is Emily Webb becoming something else entirely- something not human? As Emily hunts for answers, she finds out that she's not the only one this is happening to-some of her classmates are changing as well. Who is turning these teens into monsters-and how many people will they kill to get what they want?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.