- Table View
- List View
Genetic testing has become commonplace, and clinicians are frequently able to use knowledge of an individual's specific genetic differences to guide their course of action. Molecular Genetics and Personalized Medicine highlights developments that have been made in the field of molecular genetics and how they have been applied clinically. It will serve as a useful reference for physicians hoping to better understand the role of molecular medicine in clinical practice. In addition, it should also prove to be an invaluable resource for the basic scientist that wants to better understand how advances in the laboratory are being moved from the bench to the bedside. All chapters are written by experts in their fields and include the most up to date medical information. The authors simplify complex genetic concepts and focus on practical patient related issues. The book will be of great value to pathologists, hematologists/oncologists, clinical geneticists, high-risk obstetricians, general practitioners, and physicians in all other medical specialties who utilize genetic testing to direct therapy.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.