- Table View
- List View
In this second book of The Adventures of Sophie Mouse, Sophie and her friend Hattie Frog go on a daring adventure through the woods in search of some special art supplies!In the second book in The Adventures of Sophie Mouse, Sophie learns about some special emerald berries that will make the most perfect color for a painting she wants to do! But the seamstress who's using the berries tells Sophie that they can only be found in one part of the forest: Weedsnag Way. Though that's far from home, and a little scary, Sophie convinces her best friend, Hattie Frog, that they will be fine. But all is not quite fine, and the girls get lost along the way! Thanks to the help of a squirrel who disappeared from Pine Needle Grove years ago, Sophie and Hattie find the emerald berries...and their way home! With easy-to-read language and illustrations on almost every page, the Adventures of Sophie Mouse chapter books are perfect for beginning readers.
From Newbery Honoree Marion Dane Bauer comes the tale of a boy who needs a dog, and a dog who needs a boy--a match made in heaven, if only the two can meet. Mark is a boy who needs a dog. But he can't get his mom on board with his plan. Buddy is a dog who needs a boy. Buddy has an owner already, but not one who understands the kind of love and care--the "something more"--a dog needs. Mr. LaRue is a neighbor who needs a community. He's alone all the time in his huge old house--and everyone needs more than that. Over the course of a summer thunderstorm and one chaotic town council meeting, these three characters cross paths and come together in a timeless tale ripe with emotions and told in verse that resolves with love, understanding, and a sense of belonging--plus a place to play a game of fetch!
In this first of a charming series about a little mouse and her forest friends, Sophie Mouse must convince her classmates--and herself--that a new student is nothing to fear. Even if he is a snake! Readers will delight in The Adventures of Sophie Mouse!In the first book of The Adventures of Sophie Mouse, springtime has arrived at Silverlake Forest! The animals are coming out of their homes, buds are blooming on the trees, and the air smells of honeysuckles and tree bark. Sophie Mouse can't wait to go back to school after the long winter break. Even better, there's a new student in class--Sophie loves meeting new animals! But the class gasps when Owen enters: he's a snake! No one is brave enough to sit near him, or play with Owen at recess, or even talk to him. Can Sophie help her friends understand that Owen's not scary after all? With easy-to-read language and illustrations on almost every page, the Adventures of Sophie Mouse chapter books are perfect for beginning readers.
The long-awaited prequel to the bestseller FOURTH GRADE RATS George, aka "Suds," has just entered third grade, and he's heard the rhyme about "first grade babies/second grade cats/third grade angels/fourth grade rats," but what does this mean for his school year? It means that his teacher, Mrs. Simms, will hold a competition every month to see which student deserves to be awarded "the halo" - which student is best-behaved, kindest to others, and, in short, perfect. Suds is determined to be the first to earn the halo, but he's finding the challenge of always being good to be more stressful than he had anticipated. Does he have to be good even outside of school? (Does he have to be nice to his annoying little sister?) And if Mrs. Simms doesn't actually see him doing a good deed, does it even count? A warm, funny return to elementary school from master storyteller Spinelli.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.