- Table View
- List View
When prepared the old-fashioned way, nothing tastes as delicious and comforting as homemade sweets fresh from the oven. Now Jennifer Appel, cookbook author and owner of the world-famous Buttercup Bake Shop, shares more of her popular recipes in Buttercup Bakes at Home, a collection of more than 75 new and tempting treats from the much-loved bakery and her own kitchen, for home cooks to enjoy. Family and friends will swoon over the Lemon Coconut-Filled White Buttermilk Cake, Buttercup Golden Layer Cake with Chocolate or Vanilla Buttercream, and Banana Oatmeal Crumb Cake. A wide variety of cookies, bars, and other goodies, such as Dried Cranberry Pumpkin Bars, Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars, Pear Nectarine Crisp, Mixed Berry Trifle, and Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Bread Pudding will tempt any palate. There is also a chapter on making delectable cheesecakes, including Lime Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust and Cappuccino Cheesecake; and what would a book from the owner of the Buttercup Bake Shop be without cupcakes? Here you'll find Gingerbread Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Icing, German Chocolate Cupcakes with Caramel Pecan Frosting, Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes (perfect for an after-school snack), and even Splenda-iferous Cream-Filled Vanilla Cupcakes. There's also a chapter on baking with children, with simple recipes such as Candy Bar Ice Cream Pie and Peanut Butter Chocolate No-Bake Cookies. For bakers and home cooks of any skill level, Buttercup Bakes at Home is the perfect addition to any kitchen bookshelf -- with recipes for any occasion -- whether you are entertaining guests or cooking for loved ones. Complete with preparation tips and easy-to-follow instructions, this delightful collection is sure to satisfy dessert fans of all ages.
* Solid backlist titles: The books in hardcover have netted 150,000 total, and each continues to net approximately ten thousand per year..* Updated package: Magnolia Bakery Cookbook and More from Magnolia are integrated into a new format (paperback with flaps) that includes a fresh design, a new introduction, and a new cover..* Nationally recognized brand: The bakery, which made a memorable appearance on Sex and the City , was sold in 2007 and there are now three New York City locations, all of which regularly have lines that stretch out the door and down the block..
Allysa Torey's Magnolia Bakery in New York City is the place to get all-American sweet treats, like their famous pastel frosted cupcakes. But at her country home in upstate New York, Allysa cooks a lot more than desserts. Now, in this full-color cookbook, she shares more than 90 of her favorite recipes for everyday meals-and invites you to experience the delights of country living, Allysa Torey-style.
On the corner of Bleecker and Eleventh Streets in the heart of Greenwich Village sits the Magnolia Bakery. This unassuming shop, where the smells of home-style baking weaken even the strongest will, has attracted a clientele that ranges from kids on their way home from school to celebrity glitterati. Cupcakes swirled with pastel frosting crowd the counter, and cakestands display Lemon Vanilla Bundt Cake, Apple Walnut Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Icing, and Coconut Layer Cake, swathed in fluffy white frosting and covered in drifts of coconut. As Time Out New York says: "The secret to Magnolia's success is simple: Nobody knows how to bake like this anymore." Magnolia's owners Jennifer Appel and Allysa Torey know how, and in The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook they share their most mouth-watering recipes, from sweet breakfast treats like Dried-Cherry Crumb Buns to classic Iced Molasses Cookies, from decadently rich Caramel Pecan Brownies and Raspberry Marzipan Cheesecake to refreshing Lemon Icebox Pie. Their easy-to-follow recipes and invaluable baking hints mean that even the inexperienced baker will be able to frost the perfect layer cake, turn out the flakiest pie crust, and whip up the creamiest cheesecake. Illustrated with eight pages of glorious color photographs, The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook will inspire you to turn on the oven and create sweet memories for your family and friends.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.