- Table View
- List View
SOMETIMES IT TAKES A NEW YORK BLIZZARD TO TEST A SOUTHERN WOMAN'S METTLE. . . Determined to prove she's no wilting magnolia blossom, jilted heiress Annie Macy strikes out for New York City to make it on her own. Annie's plan just never involved having a money launderer for a boss. . . or stealing evidence during the company Christmas party. Now with an angry Santa in hot pursuit, Annie jumps into the nearest cab, only to discover her driver is P. I. Joe Brady--hired by Annie's meddling family to keep an eye on her. Stuck in a rusty old taxi in the middle of one of New York's worst blizzards, Annie and Joe are dodging the bad guys and heating up the backseat at every stop. And while they are waist-deep in snow and clues and lust for each other, Annie is about to discover the woman she's hidden inside herself for too many years. . .
That Was ThenMe, Allyson Cole. Age sixteen. Living in the world of endless summers, of going wherever you wanted. And yes, my parents may have worried that I was riding into trouble -- but I was young and in love, and growing up was something I had to do.... And This Is NowMe, again. Allyson Cole. This time, age fifty-one. I have everything I always wanted -- almost. I don't have him...and I don't have me. Now's the time to find what I lost. To do that, I have to hit the road, and find the father of my child. And start a journey I never could have anticipated....
Five bestselling authorsFive real-life heroines You might meet them at the coffee shop, the grocery store, or walking down the street. They're women across North America committed to reaching out and changing lives one good deed at a time. Five of these exceptional women have been selected as this year's recipients of Harlequin's More Than Words award. And once again five New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling authors have kindly offered their creativity to write original short stories inspired by these real-life heroines. We hope More Than Words will touch your heart and inspire the heroine living inside you.
SURPRISE!If she needed a reminder of how different life was from her mother's favorite happily-ever-after movies, Dinah Dewberry got one on her fortieth birthday. That's when she found the black 42-double-D bra in her husband's pants pocket. Dinah was barely a B.And as Dinah raged about the other woman, her estranged sister, Dottie, arrived on her doorstep. Dottie was pregnant, and had a favor to ask--would Dinah raise the child?Craving a baby--and a shoulder to cry on--Dinah opened up to her long-lost, hard-living sister. And Dottie's unconventional life came in handy tracking down the mystery lingerie's owner... To a drag club! But by then, Dinah and Dottie had made the most important discovery of all--sisterhood is powerful.
Twenty years ago Dana Logan reacted to this statement as any new mother would-with disbelief. Tomorrow? Didn't the years ahead stretch like a long, sunny road...with no end in sight?Well, Dana's just fallen into that end. Hard. It's as if her whole life has been a prep course-only, without warning, they've canceled the test. Her children don't seem to need anything she is able to give.Okay-so she'll just have to find someone who does want what she has to offer. If she has to drive into hell to do it...Judging by the sign she just passed-"Welcome to Hell. Population 512"-she already has....
Sometimes I forget for an hour or two that she's with me. Sometimes I convince myself that she was only a dream. Or that I'm crazy. For as long as Lily Winston can remember, she has never been alone. Iris, a shadowy figure who mimics Lily's movements and whispers in her ear, is with her always--but invisible to the rest of the world. Iris is Lily's secret. But when Lily's father is killed in a tragic accident, his cryptic final words suggest that he and Lily's mother have been keeping secrets of their own. Suddenly, Iris begins pushing Lily more than ever, possessing her thoughts and urging her to put together the pieces of a strange puzzle her father left behind. As she searches for answers, Lily finds herself drawn to Ty Collier, a mysterious new boy in town. Together, Lily and Ty must untangle a web of deception to discover the truth about her family, Iris . and Lily's own identity.
Every ghost has a story to tell. The last place Tansy Piper wants to be is stuck in Cedar Canyon, Texas, in the middle of nowhere, with a bunch of small-town kids. But when her mother decides to move to the desolate West Texas town, Tansy has no choice but to go along. Once there, Tansy is immediately drawn to the turret of their rickety old house, a place she soon learns has a disturbing history. But it's the strange artifacts she finds in the cellar-a pocket watch, a journal of poetry, and a tiny crystal-that have the most chilling impact on her. Tansy soon finds that through the lens of her camera, she can become part of a surreal black-and-white world where her life is intertwined with that of mysterious, troubled Henry, who lived in the same house and died decades earlier. It seems their lives are linked by fate and the artifacts she found, but as Tansy begins spending more and more time in the past, her present world starts to fade away. Tansy must untangle herself from Henry's dangerous reality-before she loses touch with her own life forever.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.