- Table View
- List View
Bestselling author and sensational food stylist Jennifer Joyce shares quick, delicious, and healthy cooking for busy lives--made easy and fun. Make no mistake, Skinny Meals in Heels is not a diet book. Nor is it a mundane "health" cookbook stripped of most of the flavor and all the fun. Picture instead a collection of quick, mouthwatering recipes that happen to be low in fat. It's all about healthy meets delicious, with aromatic herbs, spice pastes, and chilies to flavor dishes instead of butter or cream, and baking replaces frying. Most of the 130 recipes inside can be made in thirty minutes or under an hour. They vary from skinny snacks, like Oven-Dried Root Vegetable Crisps, to comforting dishes, like Pork Scaloppine with Lemon-Wine Sauce. Sweets are here too, with details on how to make fat-free frozen yogurt and cocoa meringue kisses. Quick, delicious, and healthy is the new cooking mantra. So cook your friends and family a guilt-free, glamorous meal, and don't forget a glass of wine. (P.S.: It doesn't matter if you're wearing heels or slippers.)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.