- Table View
- List View
The 21st Century Pharmacy Technician covers the foundations and principles that a student needs to know in order to practice as a pharmacy technician and sit for the certification exam. Students are given an introduction to the profession from the perspective of both community and institutional pharmacy settings. With accessible language and an easy-to-read format, this text helps students grasp concepts easily. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the pharmacy profession, pharmacy laws, pharmacology, drug dosages, drug safety, and more, in preparation for a future as a pharmacy technician. Topics covered include:#149; Laws, Regulations, and Standards#149; Pharmacy Math#149; Diseases and the Drugs Used in Treatment#149; Dosage, Administration, and Dispensing of Medications#149; Medication Safety#149; Sterile and Non-sterile Compounding#149; Communication#149; Business of the Community Pharmacy#149; Managing the Patient Profile#149; Processing Prescriptions
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.