- Table View
- List View
"My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." --Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice The taboo affair of Jane and Mr. Rochester. The (literally) timeless love between Edward and Bella. The improbable pairing of Grace and Josh. Climb between the covers with The 100 Best Romance Novels, collected here for the very first time. Avid fans of the romance genre, the ladies at Crimson Romance know a thing or two about igniting scintillating passion. They've not only collected 100 of the best romance novels of all time, but also provided delicious summaries for each of their picks. From tempting classics like E.M. Hull's The Sheik to adrenaline-pumping contemporaries like Jennifer Crusie's Bet Me, this collection of romance novels is sure to melt your heart!
Imagine Mansfield Park set on the Jersey Shore. Or Mr. Darcy heading up the Starship Enterprise. Or Emma Woodhouse traveling through time to indulge her matchmaking. If you think that sounds like bad Austen, you couldn't be more right. It is a truth universally acknowledged that an author as popular as Jane Austen should be imitated, expanded upon, and parodied. Now, in the tradition of the Bad Hemingway and Bad Faulkner contests, comes a new collection of hilarious efforts to write the worst excerpt from the novel Jane Austen never wrote. Bad Austen: Because the only thing better than good Austen is bad Austen!
Feng Shui is the ancient Chinese art of arranging physical space to maximize positive energy. Whether you're a novice or knowledgeable about Feng Shui, a powerful CEO or an assistant, this guide will help you tap the power of Feng Shui in your workplace to boost your productivity and performance. Feng Shui Your Workplace For Dummies will help you work more effectively, with dozens of simple fixes and tweaks to enhance energy, increase harmony, relieve tension, and promote career achievement. You'll get an overview of Feng Shui terminology and principles and discover how to: Deal with any type of workplace, including a cramped cubicle, open concept office, traditional office, or a makeshift home setup Choose and arrange furniture to bring more energy and flow to your workspace Deal with improper lighting, glass doors, and walls Reduce clutter Use light, flowers, and sound to create harmony Make the most of color and texture, including dressing for success Use Feng Shui in your interactions with others for harmonious relationships with colleagues Build a business the Feng Shui way Written by Holly Zeigler, a Feng Shui devotee and consultant for commercial and residential architects and developers, and Jennifer Lawler, a master at Martial Arts and author of Martial Arts For Dummies and ASVAB For Dummies, this book helps you put the time-honored principles of Feng Shui to work in your workplace! It even includes a workspace sketch pad to help you plan your furniture placement. After all, according to Feng Shui, something as simple as moving the furniture in your workspace can help you move up in the workplace!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.