Romance at Your Fingertips In the tradition of the phenomenally successful The Woman's Comfort Book, Jennifer Louden brings her masterful sustenance skills to this creative guide filled with ways for couples to stay connected in a busy world. With playful rituals and reliable recipes for making the most of your time together, this is the comprehensive compendium of coupledom.
We all yearn to have time for personal needs and creative dreams -- after all, this is our life to make the most of. And we all know how hard it is to remember what really matters. With distractions from jobs, aging parents, and children -- not to mention women's perennial fear of being labeled "selfish" -- following our own desires and dreams can become ever more elusive. The Life Organizer aims to help you shift your focus, augmenting traditional goal setting with the ease that comes from steady inner listening and mindfulness. It will become your trusted companion -- and maybe the most important book you'll ever own.
With the wit, humor, and style that have made her Comfort Book series so popular, new mother Jennifer Louden brings her expertise to the wonderful world of pregnancy. From the blissful moments to the panic attacks, Louden guides women through the precarious emotional terrain of pregnancy and early motherhood with exercises, tips, and advice on a range of subjects including: your changing body image and self-esteem fears about your relationship with your partner a rational approach to eating (and eating and eating) dream exploration and the creation of a pregnancy comfort journal the joyous--and chaotic first months of motherhood and much more! This insightful, practical, and very comforting guide will speak to first-time and experienced mothers alike with this simple but vital message: taking care of yourself during pregnancy lays the groundwork for healthy and happy motherhood.
Active meditation is the solution for those who don't have the time or patience to sit still and wait for enlightenment and peace. Snow Melting In A Silver Bowl is a collection of activities designed to focus the mind--if only for a moment--to see the spiritual in the physical world.
With over 200 prescriptions for giving yourself a break, this book helps the reader to sort out guilty feelings about self-nurture and to define her comfort/self-nurture needs. In this book the author delivers a host of creative and comforting programmes like the self-care schedule, creative selfishness, creating a comfort network, body delights, a personal sanctuary, the comfort journal, bathing pleasures and comfort rituals. Organised by topic and cross-referenced throughout, this guidebook is designed to appeal to women of all ages. The new edition has been revised and updated for modern women.
A Do-It-Yourself Retreat Book from the Author of The Woman's Comfort Book Do you yearn for time to rest, dream, listen, grieve, celebrate, stretch, or just be? Then you -- like most women today -- need to retreat: to make time to get away from it all and reconnect with yourself. With the wit, humor, and style that have made her Comfort Book series so popular, comfort queen and modern-day pioneer of women's well-being Jennifer Louden offers a practical and inspirational handbook -- the first to focus on the needs and stresses of women -- that walks you step-by-step through planning and savoring a self-led retreat. Easy-to-do practices and encouraging insights help you: Find the time to retreat whenever and wherever you are Decide whether to retreat at home or away, solo or with others Separate from daily concerns Counter fear, guilt, and boredom Reenter ordinary life renewed A wise and useful sourcebook of ideas and inspiration, The Woman's Retreat Book can be turned to again and again, whenever you feel the need to retreat.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.