- Table View
- List View
Did you read about the janitor who donated $1 million dollars to his local library? Do you ever watch in amazement as your well-off boss haggles over the price of a tuna fish sandwich? Is it possible to find an advisor to help you invest your money--without losing it all to a Bernie Madoff-like con man?In the same spirit of Reader's Digest magazine's popular 13 Things They Won't Tell You series, the editors at America's Most Trusted Magazine have developed the ultimate roadmap for making the most of your money and avoiding the wallet-sucking scams that are keeping you off Easy Street. We talked to everyday and not-so-everyday rich folks, and to the experts who helped make them rich, to learn their secrets on what to save for, how much to save--and where to stash cash so that it grows (hint: not that bank savings account). We also got their tips for developing "rich guy vision": The uncanny ability to make financial goals and reach them in five, ten even 20 years--while smartly navigating economic pitfalls and surprises.You'll learn what services you should be getting for free, how to ask the right questions to get behind-the-scenes deals, and how to "live rich" even on an everyday budget. You'll stop wasting money, blowing your budget (or flying blind without one), and getting scammed. This book will enlighten you, horrify you, and give you a whole new perspective on when to spend and when to stash it deep in your pockets. Inside you'll discover countless eye-opening strategies for: Saving and investing. The savvy tricks you need to know to grow your money wisely--from branching out beyond your 401K to getting tax breaks you didn't know you deserved. Plus: what the IRS, stockbrokers, and bankers won't tell you. House
Are you looking for a mere job--the kind where you do virtually the same thing day after day, year after year, and spend the hours counting down the minutes until the clock hits five p.m.? Or are you looking for a career--the kind that engages your interests and passions, constantly presents new and exciting opportunities and challenges, and allows you to grow personally and professionally?If you chose the latter, this is the book for you. In The Wall Street Journal Guide to Building Your Career, former Wall Street Journal careers editor Jennifer Merritt shows you how to build the foundation for the fulfilling professional career that leads to that corner office. She'll walk you through how to:* Select and nab that important career-launching college internship* Ace your first interview--and blow them away in the second round* Navigate the unwritten rules of any office culture* Negotiate tastefully and successfully for the salary your skills are worth* Get that critical promotion when you're at the peak of your learning curve* Choose the mentor (or mentors) who can best help you achieve your goals* Leap ahead of other high achievers racing you to the topDrawing on advice from industry experts, career coaches, and ordinary people who've made the climb themselves, Merritt offers insider tips for landing and moving up in the kind of job that's not just about earning a paycheck but about realizing your ambitions and achieving the kind of success you've always dreamed of.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.