- Table View
- List View
When prepared the old-fashioned way, nothing tastes as delicious and comforting as homemade sweets fresh from the oven. Now Jennifer Appel, cookbook author and owner of the world-famous Buttercup Bake Shop, shares more of her popular recipes in Buttercup Bakes at Home, a collection of more than 75 new and tempting treats from the much-loved bakery and her own kitchen, for home cooks to enjoy. Family and friends will swoon over the Lemon Coconut-Filled White Buttermilk Cake, Buttercup Golden Layer Cake with Chocolate or Vanilla Buttercream, and Banana Oatmeal Crumb Cake. A wide variety of cookies, bars, and other goodies, such as Dried Cranberry Pumpkin Bars, Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars, Pear Nectarine Crisp, Mixed Berry Trifle, and Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Bread Pudding will tempt any palate. There is also a chapter on making delectable cheesecakes, including Lime Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust and Cappuccino Cheesecake; and what would a book from the owner of the Buttercup Bake Shop be without cupcakes? Here you'll find Gingerbread Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Icing, German Chocolate Cupcakes with Caramel Pecan Frosting, Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes (perfect for an after-school snack), and even Splenda-iferous Cream-Filled Vanilla Cupcakes. There's also a chapter on baking with children, with simple recipes such as Candy Bar Ice Cream Pie and Peanut Butter Chocolate No-Bake Cookies. For bakers and home cooks of any skill level, Buttercup Bakes at Home is the perfect addition to any kitchen bookshelf -- with recipes for any occasion -- whether you are entertaining guests or cooking for loved ones. Complete with preparation tips and easy-to-follow instructions, this delightful collection is sure to satisfy dessert fans of all ages.
* Solid backlist titles: The books in hardcover have netted 150,000 total, and each continues to net approximately ten thousand per year..* Updated package: Magnolia Bakery Cookbook and More from Magnolia are integrated into a new format (paperback with flaps) that includes a fresh design, a new introduction, and a new cover..* Nationally recognized brand: The bakery, which made a memorable appearance on Sex and the City , was sold in 2007 and there are now three New York City locations, all of which regularly have lines that stretch out the door and down the block..
Allysa Torey's Magnolia Bakery in New York City is the place to get all-American sweet treats, like their famous pastel frosted cupcakes. But at her country home in upstate New York, Allysa cooks a lot more than desserts. Now, in this full-color cookbook, she shares more than 90 of her favorite recipes for everyday meals-and invites you to experience the delights of country living, Allysa Torey-style.
On the corner of Bleecker and Eleventh Streets in the heart of Greenwich Village sits the Magnolia Bakery. This unassuming shop, where the smells of home-style baking weaken even the strongest will, has attracted a clientele that ranges from kids on their way home from school to celebrity glitterati. Cupcakes swirled with pastel frosting crowd the counter, and cakestands display Lemon Vanilla Bundt Cake, Apple Walnut Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Icing, and Coconut Layer Cake, swathed in fluffy white frosting and covered in drifts of coconut. As Time Out New York says: "The secret to Magnolia's success is simple: Nobody knows how to bake like this anymore." Magnolia's owners Jennifer Appel and Allysa Torey know how, and in The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook they share their most mouth-watering recipes, from sweet breakfast treats like Dried-Cherry Crumb Buns to classic Iced Molasses Cookies, from decadently rich Caramel Pecan Brownies and Raspberry Marzipan Cheesecake to refreshing Lemon Icebox Pie. Their easy-to-follow recipes and invaluable baking hints mean that even the inexperienced baker will be able to frost the perfect layer cake, turn out the flakiest pie crust, and whip up the creamiest cheesecake. Illustrated with eight pages of glorious color photographs, The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook will inspire you to turn on the oven and create sweet memories for your family and friends.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.