- Table View
- List View
"My dogs have been the reason I have woken up every single day of my life with a smile on my face. I am among the ranks of millions of people who appreciate the souls of dogs and know they are a gift of pure love and an example of all that is good." --Jennifer Skiff The Divinity of Dogs is about the moments you learn something profound about life from an experience with a dog. Featuring more than seventy stories culled from hundreds of submissions to the author's website, these inspiring and heartwarming true stories show where love, tolerance, comfort, compassion, loyalty, joyfulness, and even death have provided experiences that have led to spiritual enlightenment. You'll meet Little Bit, the Chihuahua who detected a small lump in her owner's breast, a growth even doctors couldn't find. There's Emma, the devoted Rottweiler who ferociously grabbed her owner's arm at the moment he was trying to commit suicide, saving his life. You'll be inspired by Luna, the Retriever who dragged her owner to safety after she collapsed late at night in a field. And you'll fall in love with the many dogs who simply provide steady comfort when needed-- dogs like Bo, the Boxer who soothed his mistress after the loss of her son. The author also weaves her own experiences with dogs throughout the book, showing how they comforted her through mistreatment as a child, a divorce, and a cancer diagnosis. The stories that make up The Divinity of Dogs provide hope, help, and healing for readers in the complex and difficult times in which we live. Whether you believe dogs are divine or are actually a gift from the divine, The Divinity of Dogs gives you permission to accept what you know: dogs are healers, educators, protectors, and tangible examples of pure love.
'As you turn the pages in this book a chill may overwhelm you, your eyes may fill with tears and the hairs on your arms may suddenly stand as the answers to the questions you've always wanted to know become apparent. ' Jennifer Skiff Has a miracle ever happened to you? A prayer that was answered or an accident averted? For many, these mysterious and inspiring events are proof positive that God exists. God Stories is a collection of life-changing experiences, all celebrating that breakthrough moment when the hand of a Divine Power was felt. Over one hundred true stories from celebrities and ordinary people alike range from the dramatic (a woman asleep at the wheel was awakened in the nick of time by God's voice; another was stopped from stepping into the path of a deadly Australian snake) to everyday moments charged with significance (an answered prayer, a message of hope, a heavenly sign). With more than one-third contributed by Australians, including Mark McEntee of the Divinyls, who tells of an uplifting encounter with the spirit of his close friend Michael Hutchence, and Alan Bond's amazing moment from THE America's Cup, each story has a powerful message to share. Real, honest and hopeful, these extraordinary encounters will renew spirits and affirm faiths. From the book: 'I felt Michael's spirit pass right through me . It was a beautiful energy - his energy. And then, from my heart, I heard him say, "I am in a beautiful place". ' Mark McEntee, the Divinyls
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.