- Table View
- List View
"Beholding the Glory looks at the incarnation, that is, the claim that God came to earth as a human being in Jesus Christ. Various art-forms - literature, poetry, dance, icons, sculpture, popular music and music in general - are allowed to provide their own insights into this central claim of the Christian faith. The idea is not that the mystery of the incarnation can be dissolved away, but that through the arts it is revealed in fresh and powerful ways that will resonate deeply within us." "Writing from different Christian traditions and as artists, academics, teachers and clergy, the contributors draw out a wealth of meaning in the belief that God entered our world as one of us."--BOOK JACKET. Title Summary field provided by Blackwell North America, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Begbie's unique background as a classically-trained musician and Cambridge theologian gives him wonderful insight and Spirit-led authority in dealing with this critical cultural topic. Moreover, Begbie breaks free of the Modernist stranglehold on aesthetic philosophy, and presents a refreshing and deeply Christocentric analysis of the relationship between the character and action of God and human creativity.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.