- Table View
- List View
Inside the Book:Preliminaries and Basic OperationsSigned Numbers, Frac-tions, and PercentsTerminology, Sets, and ExpressionsEquations, Ratios, and ProportionsEquations with Two Vari-ablesMonomials, Polynomials, and FactoringAlgebraic FractionsInequalities, Graphing, and Absolute ValueCoordinate GeometryFunctions and VariationsRoots and RadicalsQuadratic EquationsWord ProblemsReview QuestionsResource CenterGlossaryWhy CliffsNotes?Go with the name you know and trust...Get the information you need--fast!CliffsNotes Quick Review guides give you a clear, concise, easy-to-use review of the basics. Introducing each topic, defining key terms, and carefully walking you through sample problems, this guide helps you grasp and understand the important concepts needed to succeed.Master the Basics-FastComplete coverage of core conceptsEasy topic-by-topic organizationAccess hundreds of practice problems at CliffsNotes.com
About the Contents: Introduction Description and format of the exam CBEST: California Basic Education Skills Test scoring Commonly asked questions Part I: Analysis of Exam Areas Reading Graphs and Charts Mathematics Writing Part II: Mathematics Review Symbols, Terminology, Formulas, and General Mathematical Information Arithmetic Algebra Measurement Part III: Four Full-Length Practice Exams Each practice exam includes the same number of questions as the actual exam The practice exams come complete with answers and explanations for all questions Model essay responses include grader comments
Your guide to a higher math score on standardized tests*SATACT®ASVABGMAT®GRE®CBEST®PRAXIS I®GED® And More!Why CliffsNotes?Go with the name you know and trustGet the information you need-fast!About the Contents:IntroductionHow to use this bookOverview of the examsPart I: Basic Skills ReviewArithmetic and Data AnalysisAlgebraPart II: Strategies and PracticeMathematical AbilityQuantitative ComparisonData SufficiencyEach section includes a diagnostic test, explanations of rules, concepts withexamples, practice problems with complete explanations, a review test, and aglossary!Test-Prep Essentials from the Experts at CliffsNotes®For more test-prep help, visit CliffsNotes.com®*SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved inthe production of, and does not endorse, this product.
Your guide to a higher score on Praxis I: PPSTWhy CliffsNotes?Go with a name you know and trustGet the information you need--fast!About the Contents:Part I: IntroductionOverview of the testFAQsProven study strategies and test-taking tipsThe computer-based testPart II: Analysis of Exam AreasReadingMathematicsWriting--Multiple-choice and essayPart III: Mathematics ReviewSymbolsTerminologyFormulasArithmeticAlgebraGeometryPart IV: Selective Review of Grammar and UsagePart V: Four Full-Length Practice TestsThree in paper-based formatOne in computer-based formatComplete answers and explanations for all questions
Part I Introduction: *Action plan for doing your best *How to get the most out of your study time *Format of the new GED Examination *Answers to your questions about the testPart II Working Toward Success: *Successful strategies for every test area *Analysis of every question type *Special section on how to understand charts, graphs, maps, cartoons, and diagrams *Math formulas analyzed and explained Part III How to Start Reviewing: *Effective methods for reviewing language skills, math, science, and social studies *Common English errors to recognize *Essay topics with evaluation charts *Practices to focus your social studies and science readings * Math review tests for arithmetic, algebra, and geometry Part IV Two Full-Length Practice Examinations with Answers and Explanations: *Analysis charts *Score approximators
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.