A beloved husband dies of cancer. A child is kidnapped. A family is shattered by a fatal car accident. We pray for peace and protection in a world that seems to be falling apart. Often we experience or hear about spectacular answers to prayer. But where is God when the cry of our hearts seems to be answered with silence? When God Doesn't Answer Your Prayer explores the mysteries and paradoxes of unanswered prayer. Forged in the fires of his own quest following his own crushing experience of unanswered prayer, Jerry Sittser offers hard-won spiritual insights that affirm the greatness of God's love and concern for us, even when we do not fully understand why our prayers seem to go unanswered.
Practical help for understanding and following God's will for your life. "God has a plan for our lives," but what does that mean in practical terms? How do we know God's will for important life decisions, like who to marry, what job to take, what church to join? How can we be free if God has a perfect plan for us? Does suffering mean we are off track? How exactly does God speak?Author Jerry Sittser explores these questions and offers a biblically based approach that is truly liberating. No matter what decisions we've already made, he points out that it is still possible to live out God's perfect will--even if we think we've married the wrong person, chosen the wrong career, or landed in some kind of serious trouble. This new edition includes study questions designed to help individuals or groups who are faced with decisions--large or small.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.