- Table View
- List View
Intelligence circles are buzzing with increased chatter about an imminent terrorist strike against the United States. Now, new intel points to a Philippine-based organization that has just kidnapped a dozen American missionaries. Hal Brognola calls in Mack Bolan with a threefold mission: capture the terrorist leader and extract more information by any means, free the missionaries, and stop whatever hell is about to be unleashed « on innocent Americans. Bolan's got solid support, but the enemy remains elusive, as does the bigger picture...until the Executioner's relentless assault exposes a grand conspiracy as grim as it is all too likely: a mastermind pulling the strings of global terror for profit ...
State of Terror Mack Bolan hits the streets of Tehran, looking for a renegade former Soviet weapons expert who sold out to the terror business-a man who knows the hiding places of the toppled Iraqi dictator's arsenal of biological and chemical agents. But the stakes get higher when Bolan makes the grim connection between the deadly weapons and individuals double-dealing in death. Those paid to hide the cache are now reselling everything, from bubonic plague to sarin gas, to any terrorists with enough cash. In a world held hostage by the madness of a few, Bolan stands determined to fight as long as he's alive to keep the balance of power in the hands of the good ... and hopes it's enough to make a difference.
New intelligence in the form of confiscated terrorist-training films indicates a highly orchestrated chain of catastrophic violence is about to spread like wildfire across the United States. Assassinations of government officials, the mass murder of innocents at shopping malls and churches, and suicide bombings will simply lay the groundwork for the big event to come. Operating on razor-sharp instincts, Mack Bolan begins at the beginning- tracking targeted victims and taking out the enemy before havoc ensues, picking up bits of the puzzle and piecing together the grim picture. A mass hostage-taking at a large university demands every bit of steel the Executioner's got, but even the worst that unfolds is a cakewalk compared to a relentless enemy's next calculated act of devastation.
The disappearance of a tourist in Amsterdam is attributed to a rise in kidnappings of Westerners by terrorists. But those inside U.S. Intelligence know better. The hostage is a top American nuclear expert. When the scientist's brother, a former Army Ranger, is set to go it alone for a full-throttle rescue, the Oval Office puts Mack Bolan in charge. But the odds of extracting the man from enemy hands are next to impossible and getting worse. Low on hard intel, the Executioner and his highly trained companion must rely on a CIA informant to lead them into the heart of one of the most dangerous terrorist cells on the planet before any worstcase scenarios can erupt.
Mack Bolan's directive is to end the violent reign of a powerful drug lord with eyes and ears inside the highest levels of the Colombian government. His target has been tipped off and has escaped every attempted raid to date, maintaining a brutal regime that remains impenetrable and deadly. Going undercover in drug territory, Bolan enlists the aid of a hard-hitting Texas Ranger to help bring down the cutthroat kingpin. Working the war zone between rightwing political terrorists and the brutal drug lords of the notorious FARC, Bolan will do whatever it takes to bait his enemies. In a violent world where drugs, kidnapping and murder are just a way of doing business, the Executioner puts a high price on retribution.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.