- Table View
- List View
The Pike Place Market sits in the center of downtown Seattle and at the center of the Seattle food scene. With its famous seafood and locally grown produce, it is seven acres of wonderful ingredients and inspiration for the home cook. Cookbook author Jess Thomson has prowled the Market's stalls, shops, restaurants, and purveyors to assemble 80 wonderful recipes that express all of the flavors of the Pike Place Market. Included here are Le Pichet's Salade Verte, Etta's Mini Dungeness Crab Cakes by Tom Douglas, and the Pink Door's Linguine alla Vongole. The author has also created recipes that are inspired by ingredients found at the market, such as Spanish Chickpea and Chorizo Stew (with Uli's Sausage) and a MarketSpice Tea Cake. The author is so well versed in the market that her cookbook can also serve as a guide to the specialty shops and off-the-beaten path purveyors and cafes. With gorgeous images by photographer Clare Barboza of prepared recipes, dazzling ingredients, and scenes of the Pike Place Market, this is the ultimate Seattle cookbook.
Among enthusiasts, Seattle's Top Pot Doughnuts reigns supreme. Now, doughnut aficionados everywhere can enjoy these tasty treats at home. Committed bakers, casual home cooks, and sweet-toothed fans will eat up these 50 tried-and-true recipes from classic Old-Fashioneds to the signature Pink Feather Boa and become experts themselves after learning the secrets of doughnut-making tools, terms, and techniques (no, you don't need a deep fryer). And the selections of toppings and glazes, from chocolate to lavender? That's just icing on the doughnut.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.