Trout, aka Tracy Giovanni, is businesswoman and organizer extraordinaire. She has everything under control: a procedure for every task. Until the earthquake. When the Big One hits San Francisco-8.0 on the Richter scale--things rock apart. And the aftershocks ripple through the lives of Trout, her partner Patricia and step-daughter Beth, and their friends and neighbors. The baby in the rubble, the woman who dies in the street, the ducks caught in the oil spill: these are not the stuff of everyday life. They spring from disaster--chaos--and they take people back. Trout revisits her haunting childhood on the lake; Patricia, the poverty of small-town Kentucky; Lynn, the spirits of her ancestors. The aftershocks also propel people forward. New shapes emerge from the jumble as the people of San Francisco reorganize their physical and psychological orientations in the world.
Jess Wells writes with exuberant energy and style. Whether trying on an outrageously femme dress in a thrift store or journeying through our collective past, her dyke characters move with honesty and dash...
From the dark, foggy streets of New Orleans to the back room of a sex shop to a turn-of-the-century brothel to a church in a small Norwegian town, editor Jess Wells takes readers on a sexy, freewheeling ride through today's hottest lesbian erotica.
Lesbian-themed novel set during the 15th century--"the burning times."
In sensuously crafted prose, well-published author Jess Wells takes us on a journey into the heart of sex and passion, exploring the demands of emotion and the conditions for intimacy.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.