- Table View
- List View
Anesthesia Student Survival Guide: A Case-Based Approach is an indispensable introduction to the specialty. This concise, easy-to-read, affordable handbook is ideal for medical students, nursing students, and others during the anesthesia rotation. Written in a structured prose format and supplemented with many diagrams, tables, and algorithms, this pocket-sized guide contains essential material covered on the USMLE II-III and other licensing exams. The editors, who are academic faculty at Harvard Medical School, summarize the essential content with 32 informative and compelling case studies designed to help students apply new concepts to real situations. Pharmacology, basic skills, common procedures and anesthesia subspecialties are covered, too, with just the right amount of detail for an introductory text. The unique book also offers a section containing career advice and insider tips on how to receive good evaluations from supervising physicians. With its combination of astute clinical instruction, basic science explanation, and practical tips from physicians that have been there before, this handbook is your one-stop guide to a successful anesthesia rotation.
Increasingly, physicians are leveraging their medical training and expertise to pursue careers in non-traditional arenas. Their goals are diverse: · Explore consulting as a way to improve patient care · Lay the foundation for a career in academic medicine · Provide leadership in healthcare · Strengthen ties between a clinic and the community · Broaden one's experience as a medical student · As a journalist or writer, open a window onto medicine for non-experts Some physicians will pursue another degree, while others may not, in anticipation of moving into public service, business, education, law, or organized medicine. Their common ground is the desire to enhance their professional fulfillment. Drs. Urman and Ehrenfeld's book features individual chapters on the wide array of non-traditional careers for physicians, each one written by an outstanding leader in medicine who him- or herself has successfully forged a unique career path. A final chapter brings together fascinating brief profiles - "case studies" - of physicians who have distinguished themselves professionally outside of traditional settings. Suitable for readers at any point in their medical career - practitioners, fellows, residents, and medical students - who want to explore possibilities beyond traditional medical practice, the book also sets out common-sense advice on topics such as work-life balance, mentorship, and the relationship between personality and job satisfaction.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.