- Table View
- List View
Get a taste of the books you can read for FREE on Pulseit.com, including: Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices series, Kresley Cole's Poison Princess, Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer's Between the Lines, Jenny Han's The Summer I Turned Pretty, and more!
Love, tragedy, and mystery converge in this compelling novel from "an author to watch" (Booklist).Seventeen-year-old Parker Frost has never taken the road less traveled. Valedictorian and quintessential good girl, she's about to graduate high school without ever having kissed her crush or broken the rules. So when fate drops a clue in her lap--one that might be the key to unraveling a town mystery--she decides to take a chance. Julianna Farnetti and Shane Cruz are remembered as the golden couple of Summit Lakes High--perfect in every way, meant to be together forever. But Julianna's journal tells a different story--one of doubts about Shane and a forbidden romance with an older, artistic guy. These are the secrets that were swept away with her the night that Shane's jeep plunged into an icy river, leaving behind a grieving town and no bodies to bury. Reading Julianna's journal gives Parker the courage to start to really live--and it also gives her reasons to question what really happened the night of the accident. Armed with clues from the past, Parker enlists the help of her best friend, Kat, and Trevor, her longtime crush, to track down some leads. The mystery ends up taking Parker places that she never could have imagined. And she soon finds that taking the road less traveled makes all the difference.
A devastating loss leads to an unexpected road trip in this novel from the author of Moonglass, whose voice Sarah Dessen says "is fresh and wise, all at once."Hours after her brother's military funeral, Honor opens the last letter Finn ever sent. In her grief, she interprets his note as a final request and spontaneously decides to go to California to fulfill it. Honor gets as far as the driveway before running into Rusty, Finn's best friend since third grade and his polar opposite. She hasn't seen Rusty in ages, but it's obvious he is as arrogant and stubborn as ever--not to mention drop-dead gorgeous. Despite Honor's better judgment, the two set off together on a voyage from Texas to California. Along the way, they find small and sometimes surprising ways to ease their shared loss and honor Finn's memory--but when shocking truths are revealed at the end of the road, will either of them be able to cope with the consequences?
Anna's plans for junior year are washed away when her father accepts a job transfer. There's no denying that living in a cottage on the beach has its perks, and it happens to be the town where her parents met and fell in love, but Anna is none too eager to rebuild her life from scratch. She already did that once, after her mother passed away years earlier. Despite her reluctance, Anna is slowly won over. But even as she makes new friends and relishes the gorgeous ocean view, she is confronted by her family's history. Everyone around Anna seems to know more about her own family's past than she does...and she begins to realize that she and her father can't outrun the painful truths of her mother's death. Anna's sea glass collection proves that time can smooth rough edges--but what about when the jagged hurt of loss remains as sharp as ever?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.