- Table View
- List View
When the weather outside is frightful, what better way to warm up than with four magnificent new tales of love and adventure from your favorite romance authors? Slip into a bubble bath or curl up in front of a roaring fire -- and let Jude DeverauxJudith McNaughtArnette Lamb & Jill Barnett whisk you away. . . to New York in the late 1800s, where a beautiful but clumsy angel turns a lonely man's life around. . . to medieval Scotland, where intrigues surrounding a Christmas Mass imperil two Highland lovers. . . to Regency London, where a world-weary lord receives an outrageous proposal. . . to modern-day Colorado, where a daring and clever twelve-year-old plays matchmaker for his bighearted, impractical mother. . . to a world where love "always" reigns supreme!
Now readers can enjoy the magical spirit of Christmas with this romantic quartet of stories filled with all the hope and joy of the holiday season.
A marriage of convenience...A clash of wills...An uncompromising love! Adelaide Amanda Pinkney was glad to bid Chicago farewell. After the bustle and crowds of the growing city, the news that her aunt and uncle had left her their California farm was like a dream come true. But Addie's idyll was shattered the moment she reached California, and learned there was another claim on her land. Montana Creed was tall, headstrong elemental...as much a part of the rich and rugged California terrain, as the fields and valleys that dotted its majestic landscape. As a boy, Montana had watched his father slaughtered, his land stolen -- and he had vowed that, one day be would fulfill his father's dream. Addie soon discovered that Montana's stubborn streak ran as deep as her own...and that his seductive smile was almost impossible to resist. As his reluctant bride, she came to cherish Montana's tender, passionate caresses. But she knew that one day he'd have to face the demons of his past -- or lose the bright and loving promise of their future!
www.JillBarnett.com www.DebbieMacomber.com www.SusanWiggs.comSpend a summer with three of your favorite authors! Come to Spruce Island, off the coast of Washington, and visit Rainshadow Lodge, a rambling Victorian. Three women each spend a month there-a month that will change their lives! Old Things by Jill Barnett Catherine, divorced for almost a decade, returns to the lodge, where she'd spent summers while she was growing up. Now, all these years later, she encounters Michael, the love of her teenage life-and falls for him all over again! Private Paradise by Debbie Macomber The next month, Beth shows up with her teenage son, Paul. It's their first vacation since she was widowed. She ends up sharing the place with an attractive stranger-John Livingstone-and his difficult twelve-year-old, Nikki. Soon Paul and Nikki have plans for their parents... Island Time by Susan Wiggs Then in August, architect Mitch Rutherford comes to the island, where he's joined by Rosie Galvez, who's been hired to provide an environmental report. Mitch is a workaholic on a deadline, while Rosie's attitude is...relaxed. But they fall in love despite-or because?-of their differences. Experience the romance of that summer place!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.