- Table View
- List View
Pat says though the vision of one person can change the world, no one can carry out a vision alone. Extreme dreams depend on teams, and lack of teamwork is often how big dreams go unrealized. Using examples and anecdotes from history and contemporary life, Pat shows how the greatest world-changing events came to be as the result of the passion of single individuals. In each case, a team was assembled with people equipped in the various areas needed to bring the vision to pass. Pat addresses team assembly, dynamics, and pitfalls to give readers guidance they can immediately apply to their own circumstances. Everyone is looking for ways to be more successful in life. Pat Williams serves up a book packed with practical help to get readers where they want to be.
Pat Williams, The general manager of the Orlando Magic basketball team, describes how Walt Disney's five-step plan for success can be applied to achieve any goal one has in life.
Would you like to do your part in saving America? Grass Roots is a no-nonsense instruction manual that explains exactly what you can do. Scott Hennen--host and founder of the innovative Common Sense Club radio program--shows how everyday Americans just like you are making a difference for our country's future. This down-to-earth handbook gives you clear, practical, effective actions you can take to preserve the American dream for your children and grandchildren. President Ronald Reagan once said, "All great change in America begins at the dinner table." Today, most Americans struggle just to keep food on the dinner table. We are staggering under a crushing burden of big government, out-of-control spending, and towering federal debt. We have become tax slaves--and the people we sent to Washington to represent us are the very ones who sold us there. We're angry--and rightly so. But ruling-class politicians have shrugged off our grassroots anger, calling it "Astroturf." We're tired of being ignored, patronized, and lied to by the very people who are supposed to be our "public servants." Not since the original Boston Tea Party of 1773 have so many everyday Americans participated in such a significant display of righteous indignation and freedom-loving patriotism. For the first time in generations, ordinary hardworking, church-going Americans are carrying signs, gathering in large numbers, and making their voices heard. Big government, beware. A sleeping giant has awakened. Scott Hennen has drawn up a practical blueprint for change, a handbook for all of us who are ready to roll up our sleeves and do our part to restore America's goodness--and greatness. Grass Roots is a political manifesto for every American who loves liberty and cares enough to get involved.
An inspiring biography of one of the most influential and beloved figures of the 21st century, Walt Disney, based on more than a thousand interviews.
The challenges and threats we as a nation face today are eerily similar to the conditions in the world before the beginning of the Reagan era. In his famous 1976 speech at the Republican National Convention, Ronald Reagan helped define a way forward and strengthened the Republican Party. As we stand at a crossroad once again, we are fortunate to have a blueprint for restoring America's greatness. Reagan has given us the principles to succeed. This book is not merely a diagnosis of our nation's ills, but a prescription to heal our nation, rooted in the words and principles of Ronald Reagan. In these pages, Michael Reagan shares the plan his father developed over years of study, observation, and reflection. It is the plan he announced to the nation, straight from his heart, one summer evening during America's 200th year. It's the plan he put into action during his eight years in office as one of the most effective presidents of the 20th century, and it is the plan we can use today to help return America to its former greatness, soundness, and prosperity.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.