The New York Times bestseller, now in paperback. America's most visible sports commentator recounts some of the most dramatic moments in American sports and pays tribute to the man who inspired him-his beloved father As vivid as an instant replay, Always by My Side gives readers an insider's look into an unprecedented sixty-three- day stretch from February through April of 2007, when Jim Nantz became the first broadcaster to call the Super Bowl, the Final Four, and the Masters. Though Nantz was unable to share the voyage with his dad, the devoted son felt his father's presence every step of the way, and used this championship odyssey to celebrate the people, venues, and moments that tapped into all the goodness that his dad-and his dad's generation- represent. In recounting the highlights of more than two thrilling decades with CBS Sports, Nantz recalls legendary voices of his youth-such as Jim McKay, Chris Schenkel, Pat Summerall, Jack Whitaker, and Dick Enberg-who sparked his imagination and shaped his style. Always by My Side traces Nantz's life and career, and along the way readers are treated to an array of memories, including Nantz's special relationship with former president George H. W. Bush and his friendships with such sports royalty as Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy, Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Mike Krzyzewski, John Wooden, and many others. Always by My Side turns every day into Father's Day. .
Autobiography by sportscaster Jim Nantz, who tells behind-the-scenes stories of some of the most dramatic moments in American sports, while paying tribute to his inspiration, his father.
Through his fifteen-year career as an NBA player, Clyde Drexler played with elegance and flair, leadership and poise, integrity and an ability to come through in the clutch. He led the Portland Trail Blazers to the NBA Finals twice and helped the Houston Rockets win the NBA championship in 1995. A ten-time All-Star, a member of the 1992 Olympic Dream Team, and now a member of basketball's Hall of Fame, Drexler reached the top of his profession without revealing many of his inner thoughts on himself or the game. Now, Clyde the Glide is finally ready to talk to his fans.From growing up in a single-parent household to life as a local teen legend, and eventually getting teamed with Hakeem Olajuwon to guide the University of Houston into the NCAA Final Four twice in the early 1980s, Clyde the Glide tells it all. Famous NBA figures such as Maurice Lucas and Patrick Ewing even add their two cents. Without a doubt, Clyde the Glide is a must-read for every ?die-hard basketball fan.
Golf legend Amy Alcott talks with twenty-seven celebrated individuals about the one thing they have in common--the game they love. In this entertaining and fascinating collection of candid conversations, Amy Alcott offers a rare look at the personal lives and experiences--both on and off the golf course--of prominent entertainers, athletes, political leaders, and other influential figures. A fierce love of the game connects them all, but their varied anecdotes show how this magical sport has touched each of their lives in unique ways. Some highlights: Bill Clinton reveals why Hillary encouraged him to start playing again in his late twenties; Jack Nicholson explains how he began to play golf in his forties and became good enough to shoot a sixty-five; and Ben Crenshaw reminisces about his close relationship with Harvey Penick and about winning the 1995 Masters just days after serving as a pallbearer at Penick's funeral. At times poignant, illuminating, and laugh-out-loud funny, The Leaderboard is sure to inspire and capture the imaginations of golf fans everywhere.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.