- Table View
- List View
American history is a compelling story and this book seeks to tell it in an engaging, forthright way. It also provides students with an abundance of tools to help them absorb that story and put it in context. It introduces them to the concerns of the participants in America's history with primary source documents.
Frames American history through personal and collective journeys Offering a blend of political and social histories, The American Journey shows that our attempt to live up to our American ideals is an ongoing journey--one that has become increasingly more inclusive of different groups and ideas. With a goal of making American history accessible, the authors offer a strong, clear narrative and provide students with the tools they need to understand history. MyHistoryLab is an integral part of the Goldfield program. Key learning applications include assessment, MyHistoryLab Video Series, and History Explorer. A better teaching and learning experience This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience--for you and your students. Here's how: Personalize Learning - MyHistoryLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance. Emphasize Outcomes - Learning Objective Questions at the beginning of each chapter and a chapter review and thematic timeline ending each chapter keep students focused on what they need to know. On MyHistoryLab, practice tests help students achieve these objectives by measuring progress and creating personalized study plans. Engage Students - A new pedagogically-driven design highlights a clear learning path through the material and offers a visually stunning learning experience in print or on a screen. With the Pearson eText, students can transition directly to MyHistoryLab resources such as primary source documents, videos, and mapping exercises. Improve Critical Thinking - Powerful learning applications in MyHistoryLab--including Explorer mapping exercises, Closer Look analyses of sources and topics, and Writing Assessments tied to engaging videos--promote critical thinking. Support Instructors - MyHistoryLab, Instructor's eText, MyHistoryLab Instructor's Guide, Class Preparation Tool, Instructor's Manual, MyTest, and PowerPoints are available. 0205962122 / 9780205962129 The American Journey: A History of the United States, Combined Volume with New MyHistoryLab with eText -- Access Card Pacakge, 7/e Package consists of: 0205206549 / 9780205206544 NEW MyHistoryLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card 0205958524 / 9780205958528 The American Journey, Combined Volume
A number of features in this book are designed to aid in the study of history. Each chapter begins with Questions, organized by the main subtopics of each chapter, that encourage careful consideration of important themes and developments.
This book documents the historical Triangle factory fire of 1911 in New York which took the lives of 146 workers--most of them young immigrant women-- and became a powerful symbol of the peril industrial workers faced. Chronology, questions for consideration, a selected bibliography, and an index will enrich students' understanding of this historical moment.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.