- Table View
- List View
You were made for more than serving God; you were made to know Him. Intimacy with God--to know Him and be known by Him. It is what our hearts desperately need, but somehow life conspires to keep us busy and distracted. For anyone who struggles when it comes to daily devotions, At the Feet of Jesus extends an irresistible invitation to set aside your duties and find the amazing peace and incredible joy that come from time alone with Him. Drawn from Joanna Weaver's beloved Bethany trilogy, each reading in this 365-day devotional includes a Bible reading passage and reflection question. All-new material and "Going Deeper" sidebars are also woven throughout. Discover for yourself the riches that come from spending a portion of each day alone with God. At the feet of Jesus--where true life begins! Includes a unique One-Year Bible Reading Guide.
An invitation for every woman who's ever felt she isn't godly enough, isn't loving enough, isn'tdoingenough. The life of a woman today isn't really all that different from that of Mary and Martha in the New Testament. Like Mary, you long to sit at the Lord's feet...but the daily demands of a busy world just won't leave you alone. Like Martha, you love Jesus and really want to serve him...yet you struggle with weariness, resentment, and feelings of inadequacy. Then comes Jesus, into the midst of your busy life, to extend the same invitation he issued long ago to the two sisters from Bethany. Tenderly, he invites you to choose "the better part"-a joyful life of intimacy with him that flows naturally into loving service. With her fresh approach to the familiar Bible story, Joanna Weaver shows how all of us-Marys and Marthas alike-can draw closer to our Lord: deepening our devotion, strengthening our service, and doing both with less stress and greater joy.
They were two of Jesus's closest friends. Each had something to offer Him. But one offered "the better part." In Joanna Weaver's signature book, Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, she explores how each of us has some "Mary" and some "Martha" within. The "Mary" in us wants to leave the dishes and sit at Jesus's feet, while the "Martha" in us wants to attend to the multiple tasks around us. How do we blend intimacy with Jesus and service for Him in the midst of our busy, hectic lives? In this ten-session DVD companion participant's guide, Joanna reminds us that Jesus extends to us the same invitation He gave these sisters of Bethany: Come to Me. As we discover the best of both the "Mary" and the "Martha" parts of our lives, we will deepen our devotion to God and learn to delight in sitting at His feet. Designed for individuals and groups.
"Lord, Whatever It Takes, Make Me Like You!" You long to serve God with grace and strength, to reflect Christ in every word and action. Yet you find yourself continually struggling to bring that vision to life in your daily walk. At our very core, every one of us is a "twisted sister" within whom the flesh and spirit battle constantly for control. We are afflicted with spiritual schizophrenia, the disconnect between our "good girl" desire to put Jesus first and our "bad girl" realities that crowd our thoughts and push him out of the way. In this life-changing book, Joanna Weaver, author of the perennial bestseller,Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, directs your gaze past your own shortcomings to the God who stands ready, willing, and able to make a new woman out of you. She equips you with biblical insights and practical tools to partner with Christ, inviting him into the hidden places of your soul and giving him full permission to redeem and renovate. Drawing on the stories of biblical Marys and others whose experience with God transformed their lives, Joanna shows how you can find the hope, healing, wholeness, and joy your heart longs for. Having a Mary Spiritwill launch you toward lasting personal transformation-soul-deep change that results in a complete makeover, from the inside out. **Includes a 12-week Bible study for both individual reflection and group discussion**
You believe that God loves the world& but sometimes you wonder if He truly loves you. For many of us, moving the truth of God#x19;s love from our heads to our hearts is a lifelong process. As we consider our inadequacies or grieve our shattered dreams, we find it difficult to believe that God cares for us personally. In this life-giving book, Joanna Weaver shows you how to embrace the truth that Jesus loves you apart from anything you accomplish, apart from anything you bring. Just as He called Lazarus forth to new life, Jesus wants to free you to live fully in the light of His love, unbound from the graveclothes of fear, regret, and self-condemnation. Love is calling your name. Combining unforgettable real-life illustrations with unexpected biblical insights, Joanna Weaver invites you to experience a spiritual resurrection that will forever change your understanding of what it means to be the one Jesus loves. Includes 10-week Bible study (adaptable for 8 weeks) for both individual reflection and group discussion.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.