This is a comprehensive and accessible text on exercise and sport psychology for students on sport science/sport and exercise science degrees. It adopts an integrated, thematic approach and covers all the required theory, concepts and research, accompanied by case studies to illustrate the applied nature of the material being covered. The book is split into two major sections, covering exercise psychology and sport psychology, and each chapter supports students as they progress from clear introductory material to more advanced discussions.
This text introduces students to the essentials of the major contributing disciplines - biomechanics, physiology and psychology. It provides detailed knowledge and understanding of each subject area combined with explicit advice on how to study effectively, research further and think critically. Case studies clearly relate theory to practice and learning exercises support readers throughout the text.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.