- Table View
- List View
Samantha's Cookbook: A Peek At Dining in the Past with Meals You Can Cook Today (The American Girls Collection)by Jeanne Thieme Jodi Evert
This is a short cookbook which is filled with historical information and delicious recipes. Fans of the Samantha series will delight in this book. (Other books about Samantha are available from Bookshare.) But, fellas, this isn't just for girls! If you want to try your hand in the kitchen, this is an excellent book. Directions are clear; ingredients are common; techniques are described; recipes are accurate, and you will find every bit of information you need to prepare a yummy breakfast, luscious lunch, or delicious dinner for six people. Ladies, if you have been dreaming of hosting a tea party, go to page 42, that is, if you can pass by the melt-in-your-mouth gingerbread recipe! A great book, too, for dazzling your teacher with an interesting book report! Do you know how to make a corn oyster? Ever put a silence cloth on your table? This file should make an excellent embossed braille copy.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.