- Table View
- List View
Back Cover: Over the past several years, Patty and Harold Anglin have adopted eight children with special needs, adding to their already large family of seven biological children. Their adopted children range in age from six months to fifteen years. They come from all over the world, from as far away as Nigeria and India. They are children who would have had no hope in this world if Patty and Harold had not opened their hearts and given them a home bursting with love and acceptance. Many people have asked Patty and Harold why they have adopted so many children with special needs. Their answer is simple, "There is a need!" Years ago, God gave them the verse, "And whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me" (Matthew 18:5). God has brought each miracle child into the Anglin home in a special way. They simply responded to the call. Patty says, "Our wish is that every innocent child will come to know and feel the love and security of a family. We believe if you are faithful and obedient servants of God, He will supply all your needs. We know this to be true; He has never let us down!"
This book follows: The Jericho Sanction. Years after the September 11 th attacks on America, the world awakes one morning to the news that Islamic Jihadists have assailed multiple targets in Saudi Arabia, destroying oil-pumping equipment, crippling pipelines, and assassinating most of the royal family. Inflation rocks the world's financial markets. The normal rules no longer apply. In a closed session of Congress an "Assassination Bill" is introduced. General Peter Newman is assigned to head a new "Threat Mitigation Unit," and he is given authority to recruit and train up to 100 specialists for the ominous task at hand-to assassinate terrorists. Soon, intelligence shows Iranians are planning to attack America, and as Newman and his team are dispatched, a chase around the world ensues. But the enemy's backup plan involves hijacked airplanes with nuclear weapons targeting najor American cities.
Fictionalized biography of John Newton, the writer of the hymn "Amazing Grace"
In the seething cauldron known as the Middle East, a mad despot may be armed with nuclear muscle and the state of Israel, the probable target, is prepared to take any action necessary to ensure its survival, including launching a preemptive strike of nuclear-armed Jericho missiles. A patriot who has always put his nation first, U.S. Marine LtCol Peter Newman must track the threat to its source and eliminate it. But a new nightmare emerges when his cover is blown. Newman's wife disappears in Jerusalem, taken captive by those whose creed is terror and destruction. And with time rapidly running out, Peter Newman faces the most devastating choice of his life: rescue the woman he loves from certain torture and death... or complete his mission before the fires of Armageddon are unleashed upon the world.
Major Peter Newman, U.S. Marines, was a highly decorated hero, content doing his job-leading his troops into harm's way. He was good at it. But the White House had other plans for him. When Newman is handpicked for a dangerous clandestine operation as the head of the White House Special Projects Office, his orders are clear-hunt down and eliminate terrorists before they attack the United States with weapons of mass destruction. From the corridors of power in Washington to the heart of the Middle East, Newman finds himself on an assignment so sensitive that it's known only to a handful of officials as he becomes entangled in a nightmarish web of intrigue, revenge, and betrayal. When the mission is compromised, Newman embarks on a personal odyssey that threatens his life, morality, marriage', and his loyalty to Corps and country.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.