- Table View
- List View
How do you catch a killer no one believes in? They call Joe Bailey the Spirit Basher. Formerly a professional magician, he's become an ace police detective in Atlanta, debunking phony psychics and spiritualists who prey on the gullible. And he's just caught his first sensational murder case. The victim is the head of a university parapsychology program, impaled in his own home by a massive sculpture no one could possibly have lifted. The prime suspect: an eight-year-old boy with violent telekinetic activity that erupts in his dreams. Could the boy possibly be the murderer? Joe doesn't think so. And he's determined to prove it. But first he must separate reality from illusion. To catch this killer, he can't even trust his own senses. Because the truth is far more terrifying than anyone imagines. And if he doesn't get someone to believe it soon, Joe and his child will be next. . . . From the Paperback edition.
The New York Times bestselling duo Iris Johansen and Roy Johansen are back with a suspenseful novel about a once-blind woman with a talent for tracking serial killers. The FBI doesn't usually consult with music therapists to solve their cases. But Kendra Michael's astonishing powers of observation and analysis have made her a favorite of law enforcement agencies all across the country. Blind for the first twenty years of her life, she cares little for investigative work but can't deny her unique skill, or the results she's been able to facilitate. Kendra learned at an early age to become hyper-aware of her surroundings, perfecting the art of picking up the most subtle audio, olfactory, and tactile cues in the world around her. Like a secret weapon, she is in high demand. Former FBI agent Adam Lynch, known as The Puppetmaster, has weapons of his own. He's a notorious master manipulator, skillfully handling criminals and colleagues alike to get the results he wants. Now he needs Kendra's special brand of help, but she's not interested until Lynch reveals that Agent Robert Stedler--Kendra's ex--is missing and may have run directly into the path of a serial killer. What began as a heinous murder investigation escalates into something even larger and more frightening: a multi-million dollar conspiracy to hide a secret that's worth killing for, again and again and again.
A killer crosses over...Ace magician turned ace police detective Joe Bailey, a.k.a. the Spirit Basher, needs all his expertise when he's teamed up with psychic investigator Monica Gaines to crack a string of serial murders--each involving strange voices and stranger circumstances. Monica senses supernatural forces at work, but whoever--or whatever--is doing the killing, the victims are real. When eerie happenings hit closer to home--to Joe's daughter, Nikki--and then Monica herself is the victim of a grisly, near-fatal attack, Joe is more determined than ever to unmask the truth behind the phenomena. As he searches for answers to inexplicable questions, he discovers that politics and the paranormal make deadly bedfellows, that his escape-artist skills still come in handy--and that even a psychic can know too much.From the Paperback edition.
Rachel Kirby is a computer genius whose personal life is hell. While she continues to climb the corporate ranks, her beloved twin sister is plagued by a chronic illness that will eventually kill her, leaving Rachel all alone. Serendipity in the form of a mysterious email lands in Rachel's lap one day, but not without a price. Thousands of miles away, archeologist John Tavak sits trapped inside a collapsed Egyptian tomb with a functioning laptop. He knows that Rachel is the only person who can help him, but time is quickly running out. It turns out the collapse was no accident. John has discovered something very valuable in that tomb, something that humankind has been searching for throughout history, something that Rachel could use as it may hold the key to her sister's cure. While Rachel orchestrates his rescue, she soon finds herself trapped in a dangerous web of deceit and murder. Can she put her trust in John Tavak? She'd do anything to save her sister. Will they both live long enough to unravel the ancient mystery they've found inside the tomb? With Johansen and Johansen's fast-paced action, charismatic characters, and impeccable research, Storm Cycle will carry you away.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.