- Table View
- List View
In a world where so many boys and girls grow up deprived of their father's love, we see the repercussions of this depravation in the individual lives of these children and in society as a whole. The Miracle in a Daddy's Hug has a two-fold meaning: It's about the child who is a miracle full of miracles, and it's about the miracle-producing power of a daddy wrapping his arms, words, and heart around his child. This easy to read and understand book shares seven components of the miracle in a daddy's hug: First it examines the miracle of the child and the dad. Then, it looks at the value of touch, words, time, love, and faith. This book helps parents understand their children, it provides vision and strategies for both moms and dads, and it builds confidence in every dad that he can raise miracles called children.
It's a boy! New mothers welcome this announcement with both excitement and trepidation. It's the beginning of a great adventure, as well as one of the most challenging jobs a woman can face. Moms, your desire to understand your son can equip you with the power to influence his life for good, thereby influencing his family and generations to come. God made you this little boy's mom on purpose! And with John Burns's experienced help in this book, you can learn not only to endure it but to celebrate it. It's a girl! Those three little words create a rush of joy and anticipation for every new dad -- typically followed by a healthy dose of fear and apprehension. Dads, from God you can learn the qualities and characteristics that will make you the kind of dad your daughter needs you to be -- and the kind of dad God always intended you to become. And with Helen Burns's gentle advice about girls, it may be easier than you think. Join us now as we celebrate the divine differences in sons and daughters. Learn to be gentle, loving, and understanding dads and moms from the wise and gracious Father of us all.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.