- Table View
- List View
Edited by leading experts in contemporary environmental philosophy, this anthology features the best available selections that cover the full range of positions within this rapidly developing field. Divided into four sections that delve into the vast issues of contemporary Eco-philosophy, the Fourth Edition now includes a section on Continental Environmental Philosophy that explores current topics such as the social construction of nature, and eco-phenomenology. Each section is introduced and edited by a leading philosopher in the field. For professionals with a career within the environmental field including law, politics, conservation, geography, and biology.
This report reviews and assesses recent developments in the mature and emerging markets and continues the analysis of key structural changes in global financial markets that has been presented in previous reports. The survey generally covers the 12-month period ending in June 2000. Over this period global financial conditions in the main improved in tandem with the strong rebound of the global economy. Credit concerns have eased following the most severe market turbulence in the post war period and global investors became more willing to engage in risk taking. The continued rapid growth of US productivity - largely related to the 'new economy' - helped sustain the low inflation expansion in the United States, and spurred US and worldwide investment. Chapters in the report focus on emerging market financing; private sector involvement in crisis prevention and resolution; the role of foreign banks in emerging markets.
Part of a series of specialized guides on System Center - this book provides focused guidance for deploying and customizing Service Manager, an integrated platform for automating and adapting an organization's IT service management best practices. Led by series editor Mitch Tulloch, a team of System Center experts step you through key technical scenarios and tasks.
There are many questions that fishermen ask themselves. Why do certain lures appeal to certain types of fish? How does the physical make-up of a type of fish affect its hunting strategy? Do fish learn to avoid lures and hooks? In Through the Fish's Eye, these questions, and much more are answered. A classic book written by some of the best names in the business, Through the Fish's Eye offers a new perspective on the art of fishing by breaking down the behavior of the fish and tying it into their biological make-up.
A report from the International Monetary Fund.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.