This book introduces the techniques, equipment, rules, and safety requirements of baseball.
Cheerleading is a fast-growing sport that's based on teamwork, gymnastics skills, daring stunts, thrilling dances, and--of course--crowd-rousing cheers.
This book introduces basic cycling skills, equipment selection and maintenance, styles of cycling, and important safety guidelines.
Football in Action scores a touchdown for one of North America's biggest sports. Children will learn about the positions on the football field, rules, proper equipment, and the importance of safety.
In-line Skating in Action gives kids the inside track on a sport that refuses to stand still! Invented as a way for hockey players to stay fit in summer, in-line skates are now used for street hockey, racing, and even stunning tricks performed in midair.
This book describes various forms of lacrosse, scoring, rules, skills, and tips for playing the sport of lacrosse.
Skateboarding in Action shows kids how to get moving! What began as a way for surfers to practice on land has become one of North America's most popular sports.
People enjoy swimming for exercise and as a fun recreational activity. Swimming in Action will inform kids about the basic strokes and techniques plus highlight a few games. This book describes the basic strokes, skills, competition, and important safety information for the sport of swimming.
This book covers the history, rules, skills, and scoring of tennis, for children.
What is a bump, a volley, a serve, or a spike? These questions and more are answered in Volleyball in Action. Children will love learning about the history of this energetic sport, the necessary equipment, and basic rules of play.
Many people today associate wrestling with flashy costumes, outrageous tricks, and larger-than-life characters. The actual sport of wrestling is a prestigious one that goes back thousands of years. Offers a brief introduction to the history, techniques, equipment, and rules of wrestling, a sport that began thousands of years ago and was part of the first Olympic games.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.