- Table View
- List View
In his bestselling book QBQ! The Question Behind the Question, John G. Miller revealed how personal accountability helps to create opportunity, overcome obstacles, and achieve goals by eliminating blame, complaining, and procrastination. The result? Stronger organizations, more dynamic teams, and healthier relationships. Now Miller takes readers to the next level to show how they can use the power of the QBQ! and personal accountability every day. When a light switch is flipped the flow of energy that is released reaches the lightbulb in an instant, bringing it to life. Similarly, asking the right kind of question-a QBQ-is the first step to empowering what Miller calls the Advantage Principles-five essential practices that will lead to a richer experience in every aspect of life: - LEARNING: live an engaged and energized life through positive personal growth and change - OWNERSHIP: attain goals by becoming a solution-oriented person who solves problems - CREATIVITY: find new ways to achieve by succeeding "within the box" - SERVICE: build a legacy by helping others succeed - TRUST: develop deep and rewarding relationships With compelling real-life stories and keen insights, Miller demonstrates how anyone can find success and satisfaction by "flipping the switch."
OBQ! The Question Behind the Question: Knowing What to Really Ask Yourself: Practicing Personal Accountability in Business and in Lifeby John G. Miller
The covers the subject of personal accountability, with a surprisingly questions that we ask ourselves. For example, "why is this happening again?" "Who is responsible," and "When will this improve?" which determines our emotional response to the difficult situations that life presents.
How often have we heard complaints like these? "Why don't my kids do what I say?" "Who made the mess in here?" "When will my teen make better choices?" These are the kinds of questions that parents ask that lead not only to complaining, but to victim thinking, procrastination, and blaming. The solution: Learn to parent the QBQ® way - and bring personal accountability to life within our families. Based on the same concepts that have made John Miller's signature work, QBQ: The Question Behind the Question, an international bestseller over the last decade, Parenting the QBQ Way provides the tool called the QBQ or The Question Behind the Question that will help every parent look behind questions such as "Why won't my kids listen?" or "When will they do what I ask?" to find better ones--QBQs--like "What can I do differently?" or "How can I improve as a parent?" This simple but challenging concept turns the focus - and responsibility - back to parents and to what they can do to make a difference. With thoughtful commentary, observation, and advice, illustrated with engaging and memorable anecdotes that are the hallmarks of John Miller's previous books, Parenting the QBQ Way provides all moms and dads with the means and inspiration to be more effective parents - as well as teach their children how to practice their own brand of personal accountability - to create a happy, healthy family for a lifetime. .
Now, more than ever, the absence of personal accountability in our culture is a problem that has led to a proliferation of shunning responsibility, blaming others, and playing the victim. In times of political and social upheaval around the world, it appears that few are immune, as they look to explain-and complain-about the state of our affairs. This remarkable and timeless book gives a practical and inspiring message for putting personal accountability into daily action, with astonishing results.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.