- Table View
- List View
This collection of original new stories by today's masters of science fiction and fantasy contains classic fairy tales gone "techno, " with such familiar favorites as "Sleeping Beauty, " "The Emperor's New Clothes, " and "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" given an outer-space spin. Authors include Thomas Wylde, Ronnie Seagren, Stanley Schmidt, Tanya Huff, and Bruce Holland Rogers.
The definitive truth within Dan Brown's fantastic fiction--revealed at last. With millions of copies of his books in print, a major motion picture based on The Da Vinci Code in theaters, and religious leaders everywhere launching scathing attacks on his work, Dan Brown is, quite simply, a phenomenon. His novels, intricate mosaics combining well-researched facts with action-packed storytelling, have created their own industry of location tours, seminars--even PBS specials. But perhaps the one thing that still keeps his readers guessing is that nagging question: How much of this is true?The Unauthorized Dan Brown Companion tells all. Unlike the avalanche of books specifically about The Da Vinci Code, The Unauthorized Dan Brown Companion covers all of Dan Brown's books and, crucially, has no religious agenda or political axe to grind--these are the facts. * Could there actually be an unbreakable code that would cripple US intelligence, as in Digital Fortress?* How much truth lies in The Da Vinci Code's history-altering propositions that have so angered the Vatican?* Are the Illuminati from Angels and Demons really alive and well? The answers are here, covering every picture, place, proper name, and historical event through all of Brown's books, explaining what's absolutely true, possible, improbable, or completely fictitious. One of Dan Brown's greatest accomplishments as a writer is his uncanny ability to blur the line between fact and fiction. Now, with The Unauthorized Dan Brown Companion, readers will at last have all of the information to distinguish for themselves between the inventions of a master storyteller and the historical revelations of a first-rate investigator. John Helfers is a full-time writer and editor currently living on Green Bay, Wisconsin. He is the co-editor of The Valdemar Companion, a guide to the work and life of fantasy writer Mercedes Lackey. Recent published books include two anthologies he edited, In the Shadow of Evil and Slipstreams. He has also written nonfiction, with his history of the United States Navy, The Alpha Bravo Delta Guide to the U. S. Navy, published in 2003.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.