- Table View
- List View
Discover more about the stories, poems, and essays in Elements of Literature by logging on to the Internet. At go.hrw.com we help you complete your homework assignments, learn more about your favorite writers, and find facts that support your ideas and inspire you with new ones.
Language arts textbook.
This Literature books covers elements of conflicts, characters, discoveries, short story, poetry, drama, fantasy, science fiction, the myths of Greece & Rome, nonfiction, folktales, fables and novel.
Literature textbook for teens.
The contents of this course include eight collections viz., Moments of Truth; Unforgettable Personalities; Machine Mania: People and Technology; All Creatures Great and Small; Justice for All; Building Bridges; Explaining Our World: Fact and Folklore; and Tell Me a Tale.
Throughout this book, you'll find some short passages that have been read by a reader whose responses are noted in the margin. Different readers will have different responses, but everyone who reads has some reaction. You should be aware of your responses as you read; at times, you will want to write them down. They will be useful when you write about the story later on. If you own a book, you can write in it as much as you like. Since this isn't true of a textbook, you should write your responses on paper.
This third course text book contains The Art of Storytelling, What Is Poetry, The Elements of Drama, The Elements of a Novel, and Biography and Autobiography.
Holt Elements of Literature, Fifth Course: Literature of the United States with Literature of the Americasby Robert E. Probst Robert Anderson John Malcolm Brinnin John Leggett Richard Vacca
This book provides a great selection of American literature, beginning with Native American and moving on to the twentieth century.
This book makes Literature learning easier by providing a collection of interesting poems, stories, and essays.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.