Watch out, Junie B., there's a new kid on the block! It's Freddy Thresher, a 1st grader who knows it's a jungle out there. Here's the fourth in a new series by an elementary teacher who's seen it all. "I have a problem. A really, really, big problem. I want to try out for the peewee hockey team, but so does Max . . ." Bullies are a problem in school, and Max Sellars is the worst one yet. In addition to hassling Freddy, Max also challenges him for the open spot on the peewee hockey team. Freddy's close friend Jessie is a star hockey player, and she secretly teaches him some rules and tricks. In a warm and funny ending, Max and Freddy make peace with one another, and--in a surprising twist--end up becoming teammates.
Watch out, Junie B., there's a new kid on the block! It's Freddy Thresher, a 1st grader who knows it's a jungle out there. Here's the fifth in a new series by an elementary teacher who's seen it all. "I have a problem. A really, really, big problem. My class is having a talent show, and I have no talent!" Everyone's excited about the first grade Grandparents Day talent show--everyone except Freddy. He thinks he has no talent, and bully Max Sellars's teasing is making him feel even worse! But when Freddy's dad teaches him some magic tricks, it just might make Freddy a star, AND get Max off his back. Tricks are tricky though, and when things go awry, Freddy must count on Papa Dave and his sister Suzie to make some extra-special magic happen, both for the talent show, and for Max!
Watch out, Junie B., there's a new kid on the block! It's Freddy Thresher, a 1st grader who knows it's a jungle out there. The sixth in a new series by an elementary school teacher who's seen it all. "I have a problem. A really, really, big problem. I keep having these nightmares about a vampire." Freddy's horrible nightmares are keeping him awake all night. Now he's so tired that he falls asleep during breakfast and drools on himself while napping on the bus. He needs to get some rest--quick! But every time Freddy closes his eyes, the scary dream comes back. Will Freddy be able to outwit the vampire with the help of his best friend, his big sister, and his parents?
First grader Freddy Thresher wants to beat the local bully in raising money for the animal shelter, but first he needs to learn to ride a two-wheeler. Join Freddy and his friends for another 1st grade adventure! Content, humor, characters, and vocabulary are perfect for the chapter-book reader. In this book, Freddy and his classmates participate in a Bike-A-Thon to help raise money for a local animal shelter. After Freddy and Max make a bet to see who can do the most laps, Freddy needs to learn how to ride a two-wheeler fast!
Join Freddy and his friends for another 1st grade adventure! The eighth in the popular series by an elementary school teacher who's seen it all. Meet Freddy Thresher, a boy who has a nose for trouble and a last name that's made him an expert on sharks. You can learn more about sharks, too, in Freddy's Shark Journal at the back of the book. And see if you can find the word "fin" hidden in every picture! With content, humor, characters, and vocabulary that are perfect for the chapter-book reader--it's time to get ready for Freddy!
With four books out and terrific Book Club sales success, Ready, Freddy! is an enormously popular school series by an elementary school teacher who has seen it all. Get to know Freddy Thresher, the first grade shark expert with an uncanny knack for mischief. Join Freddy in this adventure as he schemes and scrimps, trying to earn enough money to buy an awesome fossilized shark tooth. Packed with humor, illustrations, and even factual information about sharks, the Ready, Freddy! series is perfect for the chapter book reader.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.