- Table View
- List View
A Perfect Plan for the Perfect Score. We want you to succeed on your AP* exam. That's why we've created this 5-step plan to help you study more effectively, use your preparation time wisely, and get your best score. This easy-to-follow guide offers you a complete review of your AP course, strategies to give you the edge on test day, and plenty of practice with AP-style test questions. You'll sharpen your subject knowledge, strengthen your thinking skills, and build your test-taking confidence with Full-length practice exams modeled on the real test All the terms and concepts you need to know to get your best score Your choice of three customized study schedules--so you can pick the one that meets your needs The 5-Step Plan helps you get the most out of your study time: Step 1: Set Up Your Study Program Step 2: Determine Your Readiness Step 3: Develop the Strategies Step 4: Review the Knowledge Step 5: Build Your Confidence Topics include:Listening Comprehension; Reading Comprehension: Longer Passages; Paragraph Completion with Root Words; Paragraph Completion without Root Words; Informal Writing (Interpersonal); Formal Writing / Integrated Skills (Presentational); Informal Speaking--Simulated Conversation (Interpersonal); and Formal Oral Presentation / Integrated Skills (Presentational) Also includes: An MP3 disk and practice exams *AP, Advanced Placement Program, and College Board are registered trademarks of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
In the forest primeval of the Twenty Kingdoms, it's always lunchtime. At least it is for dragons, who like their meat two-legged, live, and, well, roasted. Fledgling knight Terry is in hot pursuit of such a creature, for he's in love with Princess Gloria, daughter of the King of Medula, and desperate for a credible way of claiming her hand in marriage. But when he finally succeeds in killing the beast currently scorching the Medulan countryside, he finds he's chased it over the border into Oblongata-obliging him to marry that kingdom's Princess Jane. Crazy Jane, as she's widely known. Given to long conversations with pot roasts, pork chops and other forms of cooked meat. Fortunately, Terry's loyal squire is prepared to take the fall-er, credit-for the feat and marry the addled girl . . . leaving the young knight stranded in his quest to become a hero. Meanwhile, back in Medula, Princess Gloria has problems all her own. While she anxiously waits to hear that her beloved Terry has slain a dragon, her mother the Queen informs her that she will marry Roland, handsome scion to the wealthy Westfield bakers. Well, handsome and rich are all well and good, but how can a princess marry the mere patent holder for sliced bread... particularly when no one can prove this new-fangled product is even safe to eat? Determined to escape the betrothal, Gloria devises a bold plan that will guarantee her marriage to Terry, and a life lived happily ever after. But not before a knight is benighted, a princess is abducted, a noble is hoist by his own petard, a baker earns his keep, an ogre regrets his eyesight and a tavern maid . . . oh, read the book to find out. In the land of the Twenty Kingdoms, there can be strange fates indeed.
Caroline had been kissing frogs for weeks to win the hand of a handsome prince and what she got was Hal who was definitely not handsome!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.