- Table View
- List View
A U.S. MARSHAL DRIVEN BY GRIEF AND RAGE...A MAFIA DON WHO TRAFFICS IN HUMAN LIVES...A KILLER WITH THE MOST CHILLING PEDIGREE OF ALL...The Justice Department is hunting Sam Manelli, the godfather of one of America's biggest crime families. Now an execution gone bad hands the government the ammunition they need. But they can't do it without Dylan Devlin, the sociopathic hit man whose testimony will put Manelli away for good. Haunted by the crash that killed his wife and blinded his son, U.S. Marshal Winter Massey knows that safety is only an illusion. Now a man who couldn't protect his own family has to keep a killer and his wife alive--at any cost.But when the government's witness protection program explodes in a horrifying hail of bullets and blood, Massey knows he's up against a killer who can go anywhere, be anyone, and strike at any time. For Massey is about to be blindsided by an adversary more lethal than the mob, more dangerous than any psychopath--and he won't see his killer coming...until it's too late.From the Paperback edition.
The acclaimed author of "Smoke Mirrors" returns with a riveting new tale about one man's fight to save his family from overwhelming odds--and a killer. Original.
Martin Fletcher wants revenge. . . and knows how to take it. Once an elite, drug strike force agent, Fletcher was framed by colleagues who knew he was feeding information to the drug cartels--framed and sent to prison. Vowing revenge, he escaped and began to kill, one by one, the families of those he blamed. And the man he blames most is Paul Masterson. Once Paul Masterson was the best at what he did. Then two young agents were killed saving his life in a drug raid that left Paul maimed and half-blinded. Shattered by guilt, he left his job and family for the mountains of Montana, where he has lived in his own prison of silence. Now the family Paul has not seen in six years is Martin Fletcher's final target--the last family. And Paul Masterson, who for six years has lacked the courage to see the people he loves most in the world, must face them again. He must create a foolproof safety net around their New Orleans home--all the while using his wife and children to lure an inhuman predator. And to prevail he must rediscover the fierce instinct to survive that once made him Martin Fletcher's match.
Winter Massey is a former U. S. marshal who has made too many enemies on both sides of the law. Lucy Dockery is a judge's daughter who's never had to fight for anything in her life. But now Lucy and her young son have been kidnapped and sentenced to die-unless her father agrees to set a vicious criminal free. Winter Massey is the closest thing to salvation they have, but he doesn't know that the beautiful FBI agent who brought him into the case may be playing a chilling double game-and that a circle of treachery has begun to tighten around him. For Lucy, the time has come to scratch and claw for survival. For Massey, it's time to stop trusting the people he trusts most. Because in a storm of betrayal, there's only one way out.
Winter Massey, the hero from Miller's acclaimed "Inside Out," is back in an explosive new thriller set at a low-down casino in the Mississippi Delta--where an old enemy will stop at nothing in his grisly hunt for revenge. Original.
Alexa Keen is the best the FBI has to offer, a special agent who can achieve the impossible: finding victims of abduction before they can be killed. Casey LePointe West is heiress to one of the greatest fortunes in America. Now, as Hurricane Katrina roars toward New Orleans, these two women are finding common ground in a city of ghosts and grandeur. . . Alexa as the FBI's representative in a case guaranteed to destroy careers, and Casey as a woman whose husband has gone missing--and who herself may be t...
In the rain-slick streets of New Orleans, a twelve-year-old girl is running out of time. Hours before, Faith Ann Porter hid under a desk while her attorney mother was murdered for photographs that could rock the city. Now Faith Ann is being hunted by a pair of killers with a very powerful boss. Because she has the negatives of the photos her mother died for, Faith Ann has only hours to live-and only one person who can save her. . . . Winter Massey is an ex--U. S. marshal whose career pitted him against some of the world's most ruthless criminals. Now Massey is drawn by a horrifying cycle of murder-and the plea of one terrified young girl. But awaiting Massey is a chilling surprise. . . and an assassin with a secret mission, a secret motive, and the perfect plan. . . . From the Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.