- Table View
- List View
Enticing yet potentially damaging 'myths' about self-esteem have become so deeply entrenched in pop culture that many accept them as truth. They have infiltrated parenting, teaching, the media, celebrity culture, advertising and even religion.Drawing on a wide range of resources and insights from his extraordinary experiences, John Smith uncovers common myths about self-esteem and explores their effects on individuals and society. To those who have come under the influence of these myths, he offers a fresh perspective on self-esteem and personal identity and the possibility of a more meaningful and fulfilling life.Beyond the Myth of Self-Esteem is essential reading if you are looking for a deeper understanding of your world. It will be of particular interest to those who have encountered unexpected obstacles along the path to living their dreams or have a lurking suspicion that there must be more to life than chasing success and spending money.
This book is an essential guide to the complexities of gynaecological and obstetric histopathology. Fully updated for the second edition and illustrated with colour photographs throughout, it provides a comprehensive overview of the field for practising clinicians and Part 2 MRCOG examination candidates. Conveniently organised around the relevant anatomical structures, the book covers issues such as immunohistochemistry (particularly of tumours), the manner of taking biopsies and new pathological entities which have been recognised since the original edition. The book is primarily designed to provide a comprehensive summary for candidates preparing for the Part 2 MRCOG examination, and as such covers the RCOG curriculum for pathology. It is also a valuable guide for all healthcare professionals working in the field who need a synopsis of obstetric and gynaecological pathology.
"Let me tell you a story." What sentence draws us in with more magnetism? In his book, Rocking Chair Tales, author John William Smith seeks to draw in readers with a collection of short stories intended to light up the imagination and spark conversation. Stories short enough to be read aloud will cause the reader to recall fond memories and perhaps share his or her own stories. Smith's tales, mostly drawn from his childhood, are true, yet they serve as parables because "they give truth flavor by attaching names, faces, and geographical locations to abstract notions and emotional realities." His recollections serve as a powerful tool to recapture those magical moments which lay hidden within our cluttered lives.
Talk, thinking and philosophy are crucial components of children's learning. This book is a practical and readable guide to the ways in which teachers can provide children with the opportunities to develop and use these skills to their greatest effect. It begins by asking why talking and thinking should be taught and examines current approaches in this area. It goes on to look at how teachers can develop talking and thinking skills across the six Areas of Learning to help children gain confidence and deepen understanding.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.