- Table View
- List View
Do You Have Lift Off? Picture a NASA rocket lifting off, only seconds later to be millions of miles from earth. The force that makes such a feat possible is mind boggling. And it's only a shadow of the power you have access to every day! It's the awe-inspiring power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead, and it's yours simply because God promises it. John Avant takes a breathtaking look at Philippians 3:10-14, your key to living every moment in the same strength Jesus had as He stepped out of the tomb. The path to authentic power is not easy, but it can be experienced even through the darkest times of raw pain. Discover how to live in God's authentic power as you move toward an incredible future! Open the Floodgates Are you dry? Stuck in a routine? Looking for a boost in a measly cup of java? That's living small. And it's not for you. You were meant to live larger than life. To let God's uncontainable power transform every ounce of who you are. Why? Because when Jesus Christ stepped out of the tomb, He gave you rights to the same power that conquers even death. You can't see or touch it, earn it or achieve it. But you can live it today. How? Discover John Avant's warm storytelling style as he unveils the secret to claiming Christ's incredible power in your life. It's too consuming, too accessible, too real to ever leave you the same. "John Avant's Authentic Power reminds us that the greatest energy crisis in America is the result of the underutilized human soul, originally designed to run on high-octane, Holy Spirit-inspired power. Authentic Power teaches us to not just cope but triumph over life's challenges." Dan Cathy Owner/president, Chick-fil-A Story Behind the Book"After visiting persecuted churches in Vietnam , Belarus , and the Middle East , I was inspired. I saw something I just do not see today in the average American church--something so strong that the best descriptor is that it's supernatural. It's the power that comes from Christ. But I'm amazed that the greatest authentic power I see is wielded by those with the least power in the eyes of this world. Shortly after nearly being killed in the Middle East , I read Philippians 3:10-14 and discovered the words that unveil the secrets of real power. These are the words this book is based upon." --John AvantFrom the Trade Paperback edition.
Adventure! Everyone seeks some adventure in life. This book affirms that there is no greater adventure than to allow God to live in every aspect of life. Believe that God will influence your relationships with friends and family. Discover the difference you will see in your marriage. Move your faith beyond a mere intellectual pursuit and into the real world! d. If they do, Pastor Avant wants readers to consider what life would be like if they lived as if they believed in God. He advocates for the pursuit of a new Jesus movement that resembles Christ's original followers--followers who were so steadfastly devoted to Him that their every action reflected His glory. With If God Were Real, readers will embark on an adventure of discovery of the real God and a life lived in praise of Him.
When we settle for our own dreams, we settle for too little. God promises "to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" in each of our lives (Eph. 3:20, NIV). John Avant shares true stories of God's passion touching lives around the world and helps readers discern God's dreams for themselves - challenging them to put an end to boring living. As readers see God's passionate adventure lived out all around them every day, they'll eagerly accept His invitation to be a part of it - to live a life beyond their imagination!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.