- Table View
- List View
The Gender Knot, Allan Johnson's response to the pain and confusion that men and women experience by living with gender inequality, explains what patriarchy is (and isn't), how it works, and what gets in the way of understanding and doing something about it. Johnson's simple yet powerful approach avoids the paralyzing trap of guilt, blame, anger, and defensive denial that often result from conversations about gender. He shows how we all participate in an oppressive system we didn't create and how each of us can contribute towards its dissolution. He argues persuasively that something much better is possible and that our individual choices matter more than we can ever know.
When his conviction for conspiracy to distribute cocaine is overturned, Papio is released from a Federal Correctional Institution in El Reno after serving just 3 years of his 30-year sentence. Having some unfinished business in Oklahoma City, Papio stops there to collect on some debts before heading out West. On the way, he won't settle for anything less than the best hotels, luxury vehicles, designer clothing, and of course, gorgeous women. Follow Papio across the States as he lives the good life, avoiding contact with his infuriated Cuban connection by all means. His journey takes some unexpected twists and turns, which make this tale extra special! Don't get caught up, because He Don't Play Fair.
Finally, no more lonely nights. . . LINDA LAEL MILLERBatteries Not RequiredContrary to popular opinion, Gayle Hayes's love life is out of service. But when she returns to her small Montana hometown, rodeo bad boy Tristan McCullough gives her a whole new lesson in power surge. . . JILL SHALVISCaptivatedJames Scott warned his investigator ex-wife Ella to be more careful. Now he finds the irate woman nearly naked and handcuffed to the towel rack in his Mexican vacation condo. He should release her. Then again. . . LUCY MONROESeducing TabbyEverybody always wants Tabby Payton's beautiful sister. But not sexy English spy Calder Maxwell. He wants Tabby, body and soul, and he's willing to take seduction to new levels to prove it. . . KATE ANGELLNo Shirt, No Shoes, No ServiceViolet Cates is done with surfing beach bums. She's ready for a new wave, someone with more ambition than a grain of sand. Like Brad Davis. He looks like a beach bum, but looks can be so deceiving. . . CAT JOHNSONFish Out of WaterCarla Henricks is a cowgirl through and through, but her lasso has never met an English professor like Mark Ross. It's true opposites attract. Staying together is the juicy part. . .
They're tough as nails and sexy as hell. With their leather chaps and Stetson hats, they're impossible to resist. They're cowboys and they like to ride slow and hard. . . Two for the Road by Cat Johnson Heather London is tired of the squeaky clean acting roles that keep coming her way. But when she takes off in a car one day heading west, she never expects to meet up with some very macho cowboys who show her just how fun it is to get down and dirty. . . Soul of a Cowboy by Vonna Harper One thing cowboys don't take kindly to is city girls snooping around the ranch, investigating environmental concerns. But when Kathy Vinoza sets eyes on Mike Moss, it's only a matter of time before the rest of her body follows. . . Trouble in Boots by Lynn LaFleur An unforgettable high school graduation night has kept Keely Sheridan and Nick Fallon apart for far too long. But when Nick gets sidelined after fighting a raging fire, and Keely needs Nick's help with the family ranch, he is more than willing to take control. . . This book contains adult content
He Can Do Her Right. . . Aliesha is a dark-skinned beauty who seemingly has it all--a prestigious academic job, a respected role at church, and an adoring boyfriend. All she thinks she needs when she lands in Dante's barber's chair is someone capable of handling her natural, unchemically-treated hair. But her encounter with the handsome barber forces her to confront what's been missing from her life all along. . . . But Is He Mr. Right? Dante is a laid-back brother who isn't easily rattled. But everything about Aliesha--from her big-city attitude to her wild, defiant hair--begs his attention. His offer to work his magic on her hair sends both of their worlds into a tailspin. But does Dante really have what it takes to finish what he's started? A thought-provoking look at contemporary African American life. --Booklist Johnson's strong depiction of the characters allows each one to take shape and become life-like. --The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers An enticing read. --Books2Mention MagazineA five star new author! --Mary Monroe
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.