- Table View
- List View
An invitation to observe and achieve transformative breakthroughs in the therapeutic experience Creative Breakthroughs in Therapy: Tales of Transformation and Astonishment brings together nineteen of the world's most prominent and creative therapists and researchers, taking professionals inside each contributor's creative innovations in theory and technique. Designed for all therapists who wish to communicate their therapeutic messages creatively and effectively, authors Jeffrey Kottler and Jon Carlson invite you to be inspired from the observations of your peers and consider how these approaches might be applied to your own work. Drawn from real-life cases, contributors share stories of their most creative breakthroughs, demonstrating out-of-the-box thinking that freed them to create alternative ways of meeting their clients? needs. Creative Breakthroughs in Therapy: Tales of Transformation and Astonishment will motivate you to experiment as an agent of change, exploring new, creative ways to make a difference in people's lives, with wisdom from some of the world?s foremost authorities including: Stephen Lankton, Bradford Keeney, Sam Gladding, Steve Madigan, Michael Yapko, Scott Miller, Jeff Zeig, Judy Jordan, Robert Neimeyer, Laura Brown, Bill O'Hanlon, Cloe Madanes, Len Sperry, Fred Bemak, Nancy McWilliams, Nick Cummings and Alfonso Montuori The stories in this book represent seminal cases in which eminent practitioners in therapy and related fields express their own unique voices as clinicians. The book focuses on what led each clinician to a creative breakthrough and identifies the common variables-across all the stories-that might promote innovation in the future. Their experiences will inspire every therapist to discover their own creative path.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.