You know that the ice caps are melting, the seasons are changing, sea levels are rising, storms are on the increase, but what can you do about it? Plenty! This book puts the power back into your hands in the face of the doom and gloom of climate change. You don't have to wait for someone else to sort it out; rather than worry and feel helpless, you can get up and do something. "Climate Change: Simple Things You Can Do to Make a Difference" is packed with ideas for action, from simple everyday things that cost nothing to bigger projects that involve more time and money. For example: Get on your bike bull; Buy local food bull; Turn off your TV bull; Insulate your attic bull; Recycle and compost bull; Take the train bull; Turn down the heat bull; Install solar panels Do your part and protect the planet for today and tomorrow.
100 energy saving tips for everything in your home or business. Did you know . . . bull; Heating and cooling account for about 56% of the energy use in a typical home bull; Energy-efficient light bulbs last about 12 times longer than ordinary bulbs, and consume about 1/5 of the energy bull; If we all turned off our TVs and other gadgets that are kept on stand-by, we could shut down a couple of power stations in the United States, with huge reductions in CO2 emissions bull; Our energy use is projected to increase 17% from 1995-2015 bull; Our homes produce even more CO2 emissions than our cars This book gives you 100 energy-saving tips for the home-from simple things like switching off unnecessary lights and having a shower instead of a bath, to more drastic measures such as installing a condensing boiler. If each one of us acts on just a few of these suggestions, we can save money-and help slow down climate change.
100 energy saving tips for everything in your home or business. Includes suggestions on heating and cooling, lighting, cooking, appliances and much more. Also provides an overview on renewable energy options.
An A-to-Z guide for offices of all sizes, from energy use and better supply purchases to recycling and reusing materials, plus summaries of a range of renewable energy options, commuting techniques, and more. These tips help your workplace save money while reducing environmental impacts, and can boost employee morale in the process. Your choices for coffee, computer monitors, furniture, invoices, lighting, paper, stamps, and hundreds of other items can add up to a better world.
WATER: USE LESS-SAVE MORE THE CHELSEA GREEN GUIDES-A NEW SERIES OF POCKET-SIZED BOOKS TO HELP SAVE THE EARTH! Did you know that Americans now use 127 percent more water than we did in 1950? Or that about 95 percent of the water entering our homes goes down the drain? Our population is growing, our climate changing, and our lifestyles demand more and more water. This book includes one hundred tips for conserving water in the home and garden. Following just a few will reduce your consumption of water, save money, and save the environment. This book gives you 100 water saving tips for the home and garden - from simple things like having a shower instead of a bath, to more drastic measures like installing a rainwater harvesting system. If each one of us does just one of them, we can help reduce the likelihood of water shortages both now and in the future
100 simple and effective tips for saving water, inside and outdoors of your home or business. Packed with practical ideas for your kitchen, bath, landscaping, and water using chores.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.