- Table View
- List View
First Aid, CPR, and AED, Fifth Edition is the center of an integrated teaching and learning system that offers instructor, student, and technology resources to better support instructors and prepare students. The text includes: Coverage of the 2005 CPR and ECC Guidelines Current information on injured and illnesses: Core information for first aiders presented in a clear and straightforward format. Skills Drills: Offer step-by-step explanations and visual summaries of important skills. Flowcharts: Reinforce the decision-making process and appropriate procedures. Decision Tables: Provide a concise summary of what signs first aiders should look for and what treatment steps they should take. Visit the Additional Resources section to preview sample chapters of the Fifth Edition. About the AAOS Emergency Care and Safety Institute. The AAOS name and training programs are recognized and revered worldwide. In 1971, the AAOS pioneered EMS education by publishing the first EMS training program. Today, the AAOS Emergency Care and Safety Institute continue that dedication to future emergency responders and the instructors who are paving their way. Founded in 1933, the not-for-profit AAOS provides education and practice management services for orthopedic surgeons and allied health professionals worldwide. Who better to teach about injuries than injury specialists? For more information about other AAOS Emergency Care and Safety Institute training programs or to become an AAOS Emergency Care and Safety Institute instructor, visit www.ECSInstitute.org.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.