- Table View
- List View
Poetry that springs from the collision of memory, dream, and history, Jonathan Aaron's narratives and lyrics develop in unpredictable, often unlikely ways toward moments of surprising disclosure. The poems in Corridor look back on actual or fictional events in history (the fate of a foolhardy Roman commander, the musings of a fourth-century farmer who saw the Huns), celebrate modern adventures of the imagination such as filmmaker Luis Bunuel and novelist/fabulist Julio Cortazar, explore moments of a private vision (a man recalls his addiction to cigarettes, a woman tries to communicate with a water monster), recast the narrative spells of a ballad - "Serial Nocturne," the collection's longest work, revisits and renews the age-old story of the demon lover. Different as they are, these poems are driven by an underlying impulse to portray characters as odds with the worlds they inhabit, people who are therefore all the more of those worlds, individuals whose dilemmas and crises all have something to tell us about the struggle of moral consciousness to discover itself.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.